EPL: The new players will help them – Pires makes title prediction

Forum 8 months ago

EPL: The new players will help them – Pires makes title prediction

Former Arsenal winger, Robert Pires, has expressed his delight with the club’s new signings this summer.

The Gunners narrowly lost out to Manchester City in the last campaign, despite staying on top for over nine months.

However, Arteta has been backed in the transfer market in order to finally end the club’s 19-year wait for a league title.

Over £200 million has been splashed on Declan Rice, Kai Havertz and Jurrien Timber, with Arsenal set to kick off the new season on Sunday with the Community Shield against the Citizens.

Pires told talkSPORT: “I think Man City at the end were much better because they were like a machine and for Pep Guardiola he has two teams and that’s not the case for Arsenal.

“But we’ve signed Rice, Havertz – I think these guys have good experience, play good football, they know the Premier League. So I think they can help Arsenal to try to win the trophy at the end of the season.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Anthony Hopkins Cast as German-British Composer in New Biopic The King of Covent Garden
Forum | 5 hours ago

Anthony Hopkins Cast as German-British Composer in New Biopic The King of Covent Garden

Oscar Isaac, Kristen Stewart Cast in Mandy Director’s New Vampire Movie Flesh of the Gods
Forum | 5 hours ago

Oscar Isaac, Kristen Stewart Cast in Mandy Director’s New Vampire Movie Flesh of the Gods

Iris: Tom Hollander & Niamh Algar Lead New Thriller Series from Luther Creator
Forum | 6 hours ago

Iris: Tom Hollander & Niamh Algar Lead New Thriller Series from Luther Creator

Cross River Governor Announces New Minimum Wage for Workers
Forum | 9 hours ago

Cross River Governor Announces New Minimum Wage for Workers