Ministerial screening: Why I’m competent to be minister – Tijani

Forum 8 months ago

Ministerial screening: Why I’m competent to be minister – Tijani

A ministerial nominee, Bosun Tijani, has justified his nomination by President Bola Tinubu, clarifying that “I have no father or mother. I have no political godfather too. I appreciate being nominated on merit and the work that I have done.”

Tijani made this known while answering questions thrown at him by members of the Red Chamber during his ministerial screening on Saturday and monitored by our Correspondent.

In his remarks, Bosun appreciated President Bola Tinubu for nominating him to serve in a “crucial capacity”.

Rolling out his credentials, the nominee said his journey into public service was driven by a deep-rooted passion “for our great nation and an unyielding commitment to its progress”.

He said, “Throughout my career, I have been privileged to witness firsthand the untapped potential and boundless possibilities that Nigeria holds. However, I am also acutely aware of the challenges that lie ahead, and it is with a sense of purpose and determination that I present myself before you today.

“Academically, I hold a Bachelor’s degree in Economics from the University of Jos; Master’s degree in Information Systems and Management from Warwick Business School; a Doctorate degree in Innovation and Economic Development from the University of Leicester.

“I have also attended several executive and professional courses in Innovation, Leadership, and Economic Development from institutions such as the Harvard Kennedy School of Government, Stanford University, and the African Leadership Institute.

“I am a Fellow of the Centre for Democracy, Development and the Rule of Law at the prestigious Stanford University and a Desmond Tutu Leadership Fellow.

“I am also currently an Adjunct Researcher focused on Digital Epidemiology at the Nigerian Institute of Medical Research and an Adjunct Researcher at the Wits School of Governance, South Africa.”

Bosun noted that he is focused on driving the application of knowledge for enterprise and economic prosperity.

He said, “I returned to Nigeria to co-found Co-Creation Hub in 2010, as Nigeria’s first technology innovation hub which has now grown to become the largest technology hub in Africa with a physical presence in Kenya, Rwanda, and Namibia, delivering projects and activities reaching over 17 countries in Africa.

“It is my conviction that we must prioritise the role of Technology and Innovation in raising the productivity level across our economy. We can leverage technology to increase the contribution of multiple sectors, such as Education, the Creative Industry, Financial Services, Manufacturing, Agriculture, Transport, and Security, to our GDP.”

The IT guru also expressed readiness to work with Tinubu’s administration and assured quality service delivery.

“Many of the prosperous nations that we admire have been built on a strong foundation of innovation. We are blessed as a nation with a significant young population which is a critical resource for harnessing the opportunities offered by Technology and Innovation in support of Mr. President’s stated goal of building a prosperous Nigeria for all.

“I look forward to working with all stakeholders across Government and the organised private sector to provide intentional support that empowers the best of our young population, so they can continue to contribute to the achievement of the prosperous, inclusive, and peaceful society that we all desire,” he said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Court Strikes Out Suit Seeking to Remove Hannatu Musawa As Minister as She
Forum | 1 day ago

Court Strikes Out Suit Seeking to Remove Hannatu Musawa As Minister as She's a Serving NYSC Member

BUK reopens PUTME online screening portal, 2023/2024
Forum | 6 days ago

BUK reopens PUTME online screening portal, 2023/2024

Electricity Tariff Will Reduce If Exchange Rate Drops To N1,000/$ – Minister Of Power, Adelabu Says
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Electricity Tariff Will Reduce If Exchange Rate Drops To N1,000/$ – Minister Of Power, Adelabu Says

Ondo 2024: APC Screening Committee Clears Aiyedatiwa
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Ondo 2024: APC Screening Committee Clears Aiyedatiwa