Transfer: He could have slow season at Man Utd – Ferdinand gives verdict on Hojlund

Forum 8 months ago

Transfer: He could have slow season at Man Utd – Ferdinand gives verdict on Hojlund

Former Manchester United defender, Rio Ferdinand has said Rasmus Hojlund is “suited to the Premier League” ahead of the striker’s £72million move to Old Trafford.

The 20-year-old is expected to be confirmed as a Red Devils player this week after undergoing his medicals.

United are taking a huge risk with Hojlund, who scored only nine goals in Serie A for Atalanta last season.

Yet Ferdinand is confident Hojlund will be a success in England, although he admits it could take him a while to find his feet at Old Trafford, just like Darwin Nunez at Liverpool.

“The first thing you’ve got to look at is there’s huge potential,” Ferdinand said on TNT Sports.

“Anyone who has seen him play will see there are attributes there that you would like. He’s suited to the Premier League. I think the price tag is out of his hands.

“I wouldn’t be surprised if that (a slow campaign) happens with Hojlund, although I’d like him to have a better season than Nunez obviously. He may do well but it will take time to adjust.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
11 teams confirm Champions League spot in 2024/2025 season [Full list]
Forum | 7 hours ago

11 teams confirm Champions League spot in 2024/2025 season [Full list]

From Season 3 Teaser Trailer Previews Horror Drama’s MGM+ Return
Forum | 10 hours ago

From Season 3 Teaser Trailer Previews Horror Drama’s MGM+ Return

Chucky Season 3 Finale Teaser Trailer Introduces the Good Guy Creator
Forum | 10 hours ago

Chucky Season 3 Finale Teaser Trailer Introduces the Good Guy Creator