Levi Colwill signs new six-year contract at Chelsea

Forum 8 months ago

Levi Colwill signs new six-year contract at Chelsea

Chelsea have confirmed Levi Colwill has signed a new six-year contract at the club with the option of a further year.

The 20-year-old had become one of the country's most sought-after defenders following an impressive loan spell at Brighton & Hove Albion last season.

Both the Seagulls and Liverpool were interested in signing Colwill on a permanent transfer from Chelsea but the Blues were always reluctant to let him leave.

And Chelsea have now announced Colwill has committed his long-term future to the club, extending his contract until 2029 after agreeing terms earlier this week.

In a statement, Chelsea said: "Chelsea Football Club is delighted to announce Levi Colwill has signed a new six-year contract, with an option for a further year, for a total of seven years.

"An academy graduate who started training with Chelsea at the age of eight, Colwill has established himself as one of the standout young central defenders in European football and this summer helped England win the European Under-21 Championship.

"The 20-year-old has featured throughout pre-season under head coach Mauricio Pochettino and has now extended his stay at Stamford Bridge."

Colwill said: "It's always been an easy decision. As I've grown up, all I've known is Chelsea. I've spoken with the manager and he's given me reassurance, that trust I needed. He's spoken with me not just as a player but a person. It's made a big difference."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
New Evil Dead Movie Gets Writer-Director, Sami Rami Issues Statement
Forum | 9 hours ago

New Evil Dead Movie Gets Writer-Director, Sami Rami Issues Statement

FG To Abuja-Lokoja-Benin Road Contractors: Sign Contract In Two Days Or Forfeit Job
Forum | 13 hours ago

FG To Abuja-Lokoja-Benin Road Contractors: Sign Contract In Two Days Or Forfeit Job

This Time Next Year Trailer Previews Sophie Cookson and Lucien Laviscount Rom-Com
Forum | 15 hours ago

This Time Next Year Trailer Previews Sophie Cookson and Lucien Laviscount Rom-Com

Davido Flaunts New $200K Diamond Encrusted Teeth
Forum | 23 hours ago

Davido Flaunts New $200K Diamond Encrusted Teeth