I’ve Always Seen Myself As A Maverick - Kizz Daniel Says

Forum 8 months ago

I’ve Always Seen Myself As A Maverick - Kizz Daniel Says

Kizz Daniel, the world-famous Afrobeats sensational singer,  has revealed the secret behind the title of his newest album, Maverick.

The body of work was released on July 28.

On the inspiration behind the album’s title, the Buga singer opened up by saying that it is a nickname he has been shying away from.

“I have always seen myself as a maverick from the onset. I feel I’ve been shying away from embracing it,” he said.

Continuing, the 29-year-old vocalist said: “Maverick is just basically someone that sticks out, someone that doesn’t go with the norms, someone that goes his own way, and so, I’ve decided to embrace it, and that is why I went for the title Maverick.”

Fondly known as Vado The Great, the father of two explained that the album would serve as a magnum opus that showcases his true self-expression and authenticity as an artist.

He noted that the project delves into themes of love, growth, emotion, resilience, and introspection.

“Recently, I’ve been trying a more dilute version of Vado just to appease the fans, but this time around, I just decided to go hard.

He elaborates, “The only thing that kept coming to my mind when we were making this album was pretty much, I want to do what I know how to do, I want to make music the way I want to make music. For Maverick, It’s my expression, and I think the inspiration about it just explained itself now. I want to give a piece of me that I have been hiding all this while.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel
Forum | 1 day ago

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel

Ben Stiller Says He Was ‘Affected’ by Zoolander 2 Responses: ‘I Thought Everybody Wanted This’
Forum | 3 days ago

Ben Stiller Says He Was ‘Affected’ by Zoolander 2 Responses: ‘I Thought Everybody Wanted This’

Your Marriage Is Still One of the Best We’ve Seen So Far - Nigerian Man Praises Adekunle Gold and Simi
Forum | 3 days ago

Your Marriage Is Still One of the Best We’ve Seen So Far - Nigerian Man Praises Adekunle Gold and Simi

I’m Grateful - Ini Edo Says As She Celebrates 42nd Birthday
Forum | 3 days ago

I’m Grateful - Ini Edo Says As She Celebrates 42nd Birthday