Andre Onana sends warning to Harry Maguire after pre-season rant

Forum 9 months ago

Andre Onana sends warning to Harry Maguire after pre-season rant

Andre Onana has insisted that he'll 'demand a lot' from Harry Maguire after their confrontation during Man Utd's pre-season defeat to Borussia Dortmund.

The new Man Utd goalkeeper, signed from Inter this summer for a reported £47m inclusive of add-ons, has impressed during his first pre-season at the club - particularly due to his ability with the ball at his feet.

Despite conceding three in a defeat to Borussia Dortmund at Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas at the weekend, Onana continued his fine form by making a number of noteworthy saves including one to bail out Maguire in the second half.

After an ill-timed pass from the centre-back led to Onana being forced into a fantastic save, the goalkeeper was keen to make his feelings known to Maguire by rushing across the penalty box to berate the ex-club captain.

Speaking about the incident to MUTV, Onana explained his outburst, saying: "I try to demand a lot from him because I know he is a good player.

"He's one of the captains of the team. He's big, he's good with the ball so I will demand [from] him a lot. He's a great guy, I have a good relationship with him. He has to be ready because when I'm on the ball I demand to everyone a lot - I start with myself because we are in this together.

"Mistakes come but we don't have to be afraid to make mistakes because this is a part of life and we learn from the mistakes.

"We have to be very critical with ourselves. If we want to win prizes we have to demand a lot. It's a big honour to be here and I'm very happy to work with these guys - Harry is a fantastic player so we will move on."

Onana may not be playing alongside Maguire for much longer as rumours have continued to swirl about the defender's Man Utd future in recent weeks. 90min understands that West Ham United saw a £20m offer for the England international rejected recently.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Pretty Mike Advises Those Who Entered The New Month With Bad Attitude
Forum | 1 hour ago

Pretty Mike Advises Those Who Entered The New Month With Bad Attitude

We Are Lady Parts Season 2 Trailer Previews Peacock Comedy Return
Forum | 17 hours ago

We Are Lady Parts Season 2 Trailer Previews Peacock Comedy Return

Send Warning Of Impending Terror Attacks To Us – Defense Minister, Matawalle Urges United States
Forum | 20 hours ago

Send Warning Of Impending Terror Attacks To Us – Defense Minister, Matawalle Urges United States

Billy the Kid Season 2 Part 2 Trailer Sets Release Date for Tom Blyth MGM+ Series
Forum | 1 day ago

Billy the Kid Season 2 Part 2 Trailer Sets Release Date for Tom Blyth MGM+ Series