Photos: Iara Oshiomhole Visits IDPs Camp Today, Donates N2m And Other Items

Forum 8 years ago

Photos: Iara Oshiomhole Visits IDPs Camp Today, Donates N2m And Other Items

Edo state first lady Iara Oshiomhole,visited the Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) at their camp in Uhogua near Benin City and a generous donation to them on behalf of the state government. She visited the camp yesterday September 18, 2015 and donated the sum of N2 million and presented clothes, footwear, books, toiletries and others materials for IDPs.

Speaking during her visit,she said:

“We are fully aware of the circumstances that made you to leave your homes and we are sure that in a very short time, peace will return to every part of Nigeria. Let me emphasise that you are at home anywhere in Nigeria.

“We are planning to come back so that we can have a party together and know more about each other.

“Edo state has promised to provide an enabling environment that will enhance your education and general well-being.

“Towards that end, I am here today with some of the regular requirements for your wellbeing. While we understand that nothing can be provided as adequate replacement for the comfort of your homes, it is our resolve to ensure that you have all that can humanly be made available.

“Today, every person in this camp will have pairs of changeable clothes, foot wear, books and household basic toiletries such as soap,”
she said.

She also urged them to prepare themselves for the future through skills acquisition and education.

“Let me use this opportunity to encourage you once again to take advantage of the warmth and facilities provided by the people and government of Edo state to enhance your opportunities in this great country".

She was accompanied to the camp by Mrs Endurance Odubu, the wife of Edo state deputy governor who said their visit to the camp showed their love for the people in the camp.

“I want to encourage you not to see what has happened to you as a setback. Don’t fold your hands, you can still be what you want to be, only be focused, determined and work hard".
[ads4]

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Three Bandit Leaders Neutralized As NAF Airstrikes Hit Bello Turji’s Camp In Sokoto
Forum | 5 days ago

Three Bandit Leaders Neutralized As NAF Airstrikes Hit Bello Turji’s Camp In Sokoto

Actor Adeniyi Johnson Shares Throwback Photos With Wife, Seyi Edun
Forum | 5 days ago

Actor Adeniyi Johnson Shares Throwback Photos With Wife, Seyi Edun

A Family Affair Photos Preview Zac Efron’s Netflix Rom-Com, Release Date Announced
Forum | 6 days ago

A Family Affair Photos Preview Zac Efron’s Netflix Rom-Com, Release Date Announced

rri Pikin Celebrates RMD As He Visits Her Family
Forum | 1 week ago

rri Pikin Celebrates RMD As He Visits Her Family