Levi Colwill reaches agreement with Chelsea over new contract

Forum 8 months ago

Levi Colwill reaches agreement with Chelsea over new contract

Levi Colwill and Chelsea have reached an agreement for a new long-term contract to run for six years, 90min understands.

The England Under-21 international spent the 2022/23 season on loan at Brighton and impressed under Roberto De Zerbi. The Seagulls were keen to sign Colwill permanently and readied a club record offer, while the defender waited for talks with new Blues manager Mauricio Pochettino before deciding his future.

Colwill now believes he will feature under the former Tottenham boss at Stamford Bridge, 90min understands, and has agreed the terms on a new contract with Chelsea which will runs into the late 2020s.

The 20-year-old's current deal has two years left to run with the option of a further season.

Brighton admitted defeat in their pursuit of Colwill as the west London side stood firm in their 'not for sale' stance before interest from Liverpool emerged. The Reds plucked him out as a top target as Colwill revealed his desire to play regularly.

He said in early July: "I'll speak to my family, speak to everyone I need to and make a decision. I've got to play at the end of the day, to hopefully get there and go to the next [England senior] camp."

Pochettino's squad is still being streamlined before the transfer window closes but Thiago Silva, Benoit Badiashile and Trevoh Chalobah are among the Argentinian's alternative options to Colwill. Wesley Fofana has suffered another injury setback and won't feature in the early months of the 2023/24 season.

The Blues are closing in on a deal for Monaco centre back Axel Disasi, who will reunite with former teammate Badiashile if a transfer worth in the region of £38m goes through.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Davido Flaunts New $200K Diamond Encrusted Teeth
Forum | 1 day ago

Davido Flaunts New $200K Diamond Encrusted Teeth

XO Kitty Season 2 Cast Adds 3 New Actors as Filming Begins
Forum | 1 day ago

XO Kitty Season 2 Cast Adds 3 New Actors as Filming Begins

Brian Tyree Henry Joins Universal’s New Musical From Pharrell Williams
Forum | 1 day ago

Brian Tyree Henry Joins Universal’s New Musical From Pharrell Williams