NBA star mentors school children in basketball

Forum 8 months ago

NBA star mentors school children in basketball

Greensprings School, Lagos, has hosted National Basketball Association star, and Greek Nigerian, Thanasis Antetokounmpo, to motivate and coach young minds in Nigerian secondary schools on the techniques of basketball.

A statement by the school explained that the basketball clinic was organised in collaboration with Flour Mills of Nigeria.

Flour Mills of Nigeria, represented by the Group Director of Strategy & Stakeholder Relations, Mr Sadiq Usman, expressed their commitment to fostering inspiration among children by partnering with Greensprings School and bringing Thanasis Antetokounmpo to engage with the students.

Thanasis shared his journey and development as a basketball player with the students. He emphasised the importance of discipline, hard work, and sacrifice in achieving success in the game of basketball.

He said, “It’s not just about the drills; it’s about your body. Once you begin to play, you must be disciplined and ready to make sacrifices.”

Reflecting on his experience, Thanasis, who was making his first-ever visit to Nigeria, expressed gratitude to Greensprings School for hosting him.

He said, “Thank you for opening your home to me. I had an amazing time with the kids, and I am very motivated to continue doing this. My main purpose for coming here was to inspire the kids and show them that becoming a basketball star is possible. Greensprings School was the perfect venue for the basketball clinic, with its outstanding facilities and dedication to nurturing students from ages 2 to 18.”

Executive Director of Greensprings School, Mrs Lai Koiki, stated that “Today, we are honoured to welcome basketball superstar Thanasis, who is here to leave a legacy of mentoring young students. The interaction with him provided our students with valuable insights and tips for achieving success. We are excited about this partnership with Flour Mills of Nigeria and hope it will foster a lasting interest in basketball among our students.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Fed Poly Ilaro approval for extension of school fees payment for ND2, PT2 & HND2, 2023/2024
Forum | 1 day ago

Fed Poly Ilaro approval for extension of school fees payment for ND2, PT2 & HND2, 2023/2024

ABUTH Zaria announces sales of school application forms, 2024/2025
Forum | 1 day ago

ABUTH Zaria announces sales of school application forms, 2024/2025

Mortal Kombat 2 Star Teases Scorpion’s Return in the Live-Action Sequel
Forum | 1 day ago

Mortal Kombat 2 Star Teases Scorpion’s Return in the Live-Action Sequel

Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me
Forum | 1 day ago

Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me