Teenager freed from jail after fatally dousing father with chemical drain cleaner because he was too drunk to take her to salon

Forum 8 months ago

Teenager freed from jail after fatally dousing father with chemical drain cleaner because he was too drunk to take her to salon

Megan Imirowicz, an American teen who fatally doused her father with chemical gutter cleaner because he was too drunk to take her to a hair appointment, was freed from jail after spending just over 500 days behind bars.

Imirowicz, from Michigan, was facing a life sentence in connection with death of her father, 64-year-old Konrad Imirowicz, the Oakland Press reported.

Back in March 2021, Imirowicz dumped lye powder on him as he slept, resulting in severe chemical burns.

While in hospital, he had to have both legs amputated and endured a series of infections, a tracheotomy, skin grafts and kidney dialysis.

The man survived for just about five months before finally succumbing to his injuries. After a four-day trial in June, Imirowicz was found guilty of using harmful devices/irritants causing death.

According to prosecutors, Imirowicz fought with her father on the day of the assault because he was drunk and unable to take her to a hair salon appointment, scheduled just ahead of her 18th birthday party. He was found by one of his daughter’s friends a few hours later and rushed to Ascension Genesys Hospital.

The man allegedly struggled with a drinking problem and was heavily intoxicated when he arrived at the medical facility.

Imirowicz was sentenced on Tuesday, July 25 to just over a year in jail, with credit for time served which meant she walked free following her sentencing hearing. The teen was also given five years probation for the crime.

“I was praying for a miracle today and that’s what I got,” A surprised Imirowicz told Court TV.

“I’m really happy I get to go home with my family. I’m scared to feel anything about my dad right now. I miss him a lot. I’m not ready.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Father Arrested For Impersonating Son During UTME
Forum | 2 days ago

Father Arrested For Impersonating Son During UTME

JAMB arrests father writing exam for son
Forum | 2 days ago

JAMB arrests father writing exam for son

Father Calls Out Reno Omokri’s Brother For Alleged R3pe His Daughter Who Is A Minor
Forum | 3 days ago

Father Calls Out Reno Omokri’s Brother For Alleged R3pe His Daughter Who Is A Minor

Son Arrested For Faking His Own Kidnap To Extort Money From Father In Jigawa
Forum | 3 days ago

Son Arrested For Faking His Own Kidnap To Extort Money From Father In Jigawa