Ex-PDP BoT chair decries home raid by suspected bandits

Forum 9 months ago

Ex-PDP BoT chair decries home raid by suspected bandits

A former Board of Trustees Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, Senator Walid Jibrin, on Wednesday, raised the alarm that suspected bandits raided his rented Abuja residence.

Jibrin disclosed that the bandits, numbering eight, came in seven SUV cars with sophisticated weapons and ordered his housekeeper, identified as Awwalu, to take them into his bedroom, where they ransacked and carted away some documents.

According to him, they told his housekeeper that they were searching for N5bn, ammunition, and some documents, and thereafter vandalised his main bedroom before going away.

This comes a few days after suspected Boko Haram members attacked the Adamawa residence of the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Atiku Abubakar, in Adamawa.

Jibrin, while addressing a press conference in Kaduna on Tuesday, said it was laughable that anyone would think he had N5bn, saying his “bank accounts are free for checking by any authority, please.”

He further explained that this was the second time bandits had raided his residence.

Jibrin, a Second Republic senator, said, “They took my houseboy away and later dropped him somewhere after informing him that they were looking for such a big amount of N5bn and some ammunition kept by me but found nothing at all.”

“I have since reported the matter to the Inspector General of Police, who directed the Commissioner of Police FCT to handle the matter. The CP is still under investigation,” he said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Imo PDP Chairman, 26 Others Resign
Forum | 1 day ago

Imo PDP Chairman, 26 Others Resign

Commotion As Bandits Strike Again, Kill Four, Abduct Six In Zamfara
Forum | 1 day ago

Commotion As Bandits Strike Again, Kill Four, Abduct Six In Zamfara

Bandits Kill 4, Kidnap 6 And Raze Telecom Service Mast In Zamfara
Forum | 1 day ago

Bandits Kill 4, Kidnap 6 And Raze Telecom Service Mast In Zamfara