Makinde swears in SSG, HoS, commissioners

Forum 8 months ago

Makinde swears in SSG, HoS, commissioners

Oyo State Governor, Seyi Makinde, on Wednesday, swore in 16 newly-confirmed commissioners by the state House of Assembly.

The governor also swore in the new Secretary to the State Government, Prof. Olanike Adeyemo, as well as the former acting Head of Service, Olubunmi Oni, into substantive position as the HoS.

Also sworn in were 13 newly promoted Permanent Secretaries and the newly appointed Accountant General of the state, Kikelomo Adegoke.

Performing the swearing-in at the Executive Chambers, Governor’s Office in Ibadan, Makinde expressed confidence in the selection and capacity of the officials to bring their wealth of professional experiences to bear on governance.

“I want you to know that we have a lot to do for our people. We already prepared the roadmap for sustainable development 2023-2027. Please key into it. These are very difficult times. A lot has happened in this second tenure, and from what we have seen, a lot will be required of us. Please, there should not be laxity. You have all taken the oath of office, and I expect you to deliver according to the oath you have just taken,” Makinde said.

Meanwhile, a group, the Pioneer Movement Iseyin, felicitated the new SSG, Adeyemo.

A statement on Wednesday by the group’s Public Relations Officer, Pioneer Razaq K. Asaju, quoted the President, Abimbola Ojedokun, as describing Adeyemo’s appointment as well-deserved and a recognition of Iseyin’s worth in the current dispensation in Oyo State.

The group described Adeyemo, who is a former Deputy Vice-Chancellor of the University of Ibadan, as an exemplary academic and Iseyin indigene.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
I Wouldn’t Be Where I’m Without You - Tobi Makinde Defends Funke Akindele
Forum | 2 weeks ago

I Wouldn’t Be Where I’m Without You - Tobi Makinde Defends Funke Akindele

Tinubu Appoints Chairman, Commissioners of FCT Civil Service Commission [Full List]
Forum | 1 month ago

Tinubu Appoints Chairman, Commissioners of FCT Civil Service Commission [Full List]

Gov Makinde Suspends Oyo Monarch
Forum | 2 months ago

Gov Makinde Suspends Oyo Monarch

Insecurity: Makinde Calls For State Police Creation Immediately
Forum | 2 months ago

Insecurity: Makinde Calls For State Police Creation Immediately