Emefiele pleads not guilty to illegal possession of firearms charge

Forum 9 months ago

Emefiele pleads not guilty to illegal possession of firearms charge

The suspended Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Godwin Emefiele, on Tuesday, pleaded not guilty to the two counts of alleged illegal possession of firearms and ammunition when he was arraigned before the Federal High Court in Lagos.

Emefiele is facing two counts bordering on illegal possession of firearms and ammunition preferred against him by the Federal Ministry of Justice before the vacation judge, Justice Nicholas Oweibo.

The ministry of justice in the charge accused Emefiele of possessing a single-barreled shotgun (JOJEFF MAGNUM 8371) without a licence.

The agency also accused him of illegally being in possession of 23 rounds of live ammunition (cartridges) without a licence.

FMJ said that the defendant committed the offences on June 15, 2023, at No. 3b Iru Close, Ikoyi area of Lagos.

According to the charge, the offence committed contravened Section 4 and Section 8 of the Firearms Cap F28 laws of the Federation Act 2004 and punishable under Section 27 (1)(b) (I),(II) of the same Act.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
I’m Still In Charge - Ganduje Reacts As Court Stops Suspension
Forum | 1 week ago

Forum | 1 week ago

Nigerian Man Arrested For Being In Possession Of Fake Naira Notes
Forum | 1 week ago

Nigerian Man Arrested For Being In Possession Of Fake Naira Notes