British lawmaker pledges support for Nigerian girls’ advancement

Forum 9 months ago

British lawmaker pledges support for Nigerian girls’ advancement

A member of the House of Lords in the United Kingdom Parliament, John Taylor of Warwick, has vowed to initiate projects aimed at empowering and uplifting the fortunes of young girls in Nigeria.

The promising commitment came during the launch of “Beyond Beauty,” book authored by the renowned and award-winning writer, Dr. Blessing Agbomhere where the achievements and values exhibited by notable Nigerian women, such as Esther Agbomhere, late Minister of Information, Dora Akunyili; late physician credited with having curbed a wider spread of the Western African Ebola virus epidemic in Nigeria, Stella Adadevoh; Ekaette Unoma Akpabio, and Nigeria’s First Lady, Oluremi Tinubu.

A statement issued by Agbomhere on Monday added that “Taylor had taken his time to read every page of the book which is in the form of a play and congratulated the author for putting together a masterpiece which expressed the determination and courage of the typical Nigerian woman, such as the First Lady, Senator Oluremi Tinubu.”

Taylor revealed that he had meticulously read every page of a thought-provoking masterpiece presented in the form of a play.

He further recognised the industrious, focused, and goal-oriented nature of Nigerian women and expressed his determination to contribute towards the betterment of the girl child in the populous African nation.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
I’ve Been In Love With Girls For My Whole Life – Billie Eilish
Forum | 3 days ago

I’ve Been In Love With Girls For My Whole Life – Billie Eilish

Another Video Of Bullying At Lead British International School Surfaces Online
Forum | 3 days ago

Another Video Of Bullying At Lead British International School Surfaces Online

Your Marriage Is Still One of the Best We’ve Seen So Far - Nigerian Man Praises Adekunle Gold and Simi
Forum | 4 days ago

Your Marriage Is Still One of the Best We’ve Seen So Far - Nigerian Man Praises Adekunle Gold and Simi

Zeribe Nwosu Foundation (ZNF) Annual Essay Competition for Nigerian Students, 2024
Forum | 5 days ago

Zeribe Nwosu Foundation (ZNF) Annual Essay Competition for Nigerian Students, 2024