Son Heung-min makes admission on Harry Kane's potential Tottenham exit

Forum 9 months ago

Son Heung-min makes admission on Harry Kane's potential Tottenham exit

Son Heung-min has insisted he will respect whatever decision Harry Kane makes on his Tottenham future as strong interest from German champions Bayern Munich persists.

Kane has been the subject of heavy transfer speculation this summer after a disappointing 2022/23 Spurs season where they finished eighth in the Premier League, though the England captain still recorded 30 goals in the top flight.

90min recently revealed Bayern are preparing a third bid which would smash their club record to sign the striker after having two offers rejected.

Despite dismissing two offers, Spurs owner Joe Lewis has told chairman Daniel Levy he does not want Kane to leave on a free in 2024, when the legendary forward's contract expires. Levy and co. are still hopeful the forward will sign a new deal with the club.

Speaking to the press during the club's pre-season tour of Asia, strike partner Son gave his thoughts on Kane's future.

He said: "He's always professional, always working hard. He's never showed any thoughts about himself. There's so much news going around it's also not easy for him, but he's captain at the moment and he's working with the team.

"He doesn't show any distraction. He loves being here. I love him as a player. I fully respect him. He's one of the best strikers in the world, has been for five, six, seven years in a row.

"The decision will be between the club and Harry and we have to respect it. I can't say anything about the final decision because I don't know anything. Probably Harry doesn't know. We just have to wait."

After having a clash with Leicester cancelled due to adverse weather conditions, Tottenham's next pre-season friendly is against Lion City Sailors on Wednesday 26 July - a game Kane is expected to feature in despite the lingering question marks over his future.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
CONAMKAT ND Nursing Sciences Admission 2024/2025 academic session
Forum | 1 hour ago

CONAMKAT ND Nursing Sciences Admission 2024/2025 academic session

EPL: Harry Redknapp gives surprise prediction for Tottenham vs Arsenal clash
Forum | 21 hours ago

EPL: Harry Redknapp gives surprise prediction for Tottenham vs Arsenal clash

UNILORIN extends postgraduate admission deadline until further notice, 2023/2024
Forum | 22 hours ago

UNILORIN extends postgraduate admission deadline until further notice, 2023/2024

I Am Going To Have Eleven Beautiful Children, My Late Son Will Return - Yul Edochie
Forum | 2 days ago

I Am Going To Have Eleven Beautiful Children, My Late Son Will Return - Yul Edochie