Al Hilal closing in on Aleksandar Mitrovic agreement with Fulham

Forum 9 months ago

Al Hilal closing in on Aleksandar Mitrovic agreement with Fulham

Saudi Arabian side Al Hilal are close to striking an agreement with Fulham to sign striker Aleksandar Mitrovic, 90min understands.

Fulham have already knocked back two bids from Al Hilal for Mitrovic and had hoped to keep hold of the Serbian striker, who agreed personal terms with the Middle Eastern outfit weeks ago and is keen to make the move.

Having seen an offer of £30m turned down, Al Hilal are now understood to have lodged a bid worth £50m which, as it stands, would represent a record for the Saudi Pro League.

Discussions are ongoing between the two clubs and an agreement is close to being reached. Fulham have been preparing for the departure of Mitrovic and have already struck an agreement to sign Wolves' Raul Jimenez in his place.

Fulham have already managed to fend off Saudi Arabian interest in manager Marco Silva, who has rejected an approach from Al Ahli and voiced his desire to keep hold of Mitrovic after the pre-season friendly against Brentford.

"Of course, if Mitrovic is my player I would like him to train, to be involved in all the moments with the team," Silva said. "You know that, that I would like to have him participating in all the moments with the team."

With Mitrovic closing in on an exit, Fulham are also battling to keep hold of midfielder Joao Palhinha, who has been the subject of significant interest from West Ham.

The Hammers, blessed with the £105m they received from selling Declan Rice to Arsenal, have seen two bids knocked back for Palhinha, the latest of which was worth £50m. Fulham want closer to £60m to offload the midfield enforcer.

Elsewhere, Fulham have held talks with Chelsea over signing wantaway winger Callum Hudson-Odoi, who also has interest from Lazio.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Iwobi guns for 250th appearance as Fulham host Crystal Palace
Forum | 6 hours ago

EPL: Iwobi guns for 250th appearance as Fulham host Crystal Palace

Liverpool reach agreement to appoint Sporting boss, Ruben Amorim
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Liverpool reach agreement to appoint Sporting boss, Ruben Amorim

EPL: Why I substituted Iwobi, two others after 33 minutes against Forest – Fulham coach, Silva
Forum | 3 weeks ago

EPL: Why I substituted Iwobi, two others after 33 minutes against Forest – Fulham coach, Silva

EPL: Fulham must move on from Wolves defeat – Iwobi
Forum | 1 month ago

EPL: Fulham must move on from Wolves defeat – Iwobi