Marco Silva rejects Saudi Pro League side Al-Ahli

Forum 9 months ago

Marco Silva rejects Saudi Pro League side Al-Ahli

Fulham manager Marco Silva has rejected a lucrative move to Saudi Pro League outfit Al-Ahli, 90min understands.

Silva admitted that he'd received an offer to take over at another club earlier this week, telling the press upon Fulham's arrival in the USA ahead of a pre-season tour: "I will not lie to you and say I haven’t received an offer, the club know that. But I will not talk nothing more about that."

That offer from Al-Ahli was believed to be worth roughly £40m over the course of two years, and Fulham's owners had already began to plan for what was seen as Silva's inevitable departure.

Graham Potter and Javier Pereira had each been cited as potential replacements for Silva, however neither are now necessary as sources have confirmed to 90min that the Fulham manager has rejected Al-Ahli's contract.

Talks are now due to commence regarding a new deal for Silva at Craven Cottage. The ex-Everton coach has just one year left on his current deal and, following a brilliant 2022/23 Premier League in which the Cottagers finished in 10th pace, Fulham are extremely keen to secure a longer-term deal.

Fulham have already been busy in the transfer market in order to strengthen ahead the squad at Silva's disposal too, with sources confirming that they've struck a £5m deal with Wolves in order to sign striker Raul Jimenez.

Once personal terms have been agreed the player will complete his medical at the club.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Champions League top scorers after semi-final first leg fixtures
Forum | 3 days ago

Champions League top scorers after semi-final first leg fixtures

I
Forum | 3 days ago

I'm In A League Of My Own, I Have No Competition In The Music Industry - Flavour

UCL: Why Real Madrid are dominating Champions League – Thierry Henry
Forum | 4 days ago

UCL: Why Real Madrid are dominating Champions League – Thierry Henry

EPL: Thiago Silva receives three offers to join Chelsea’s rivals
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: Thiago Silva receives three offers to join Chelsea’s rivals