51 training, fighter jets arrive soon, says NAF

Forum 9 months ago

51 training, fighter jets arrive soon, says NAF

The Chief of Air Staff, Air Vice Marshal Hasan Abubakar, has disclosed that the Nigerian Air Force was expecting 51 additional platforms to boost counter-insurgency operations. He noted that the acquisition of additional platforms would also bolster training.

In a statement by NAF spokesperson, Air Commodore Edward Gabkwet, Abubakar stated this while addressing officers and men during his maiden operational tour of NAF units in Makurdi, Benue State.

He listed the aircraft being expected to include two Agusta 109 Trekker Multi-role helicopters, two Beechcraft King Air 360, three Diamond DA-62 surveillance aircraft, and six T-129 ATAK helicopters.

The statement added, “Other pending acquisitions include two CASA-295 medium airlift/surveillance aircraft, 12 AH-1Z attack helicopters and 24 M-346 attack aircraft. All these acquisitions, according to the CAS, demonstrate the Federal Government’s deep commitment to equipping the NAF for the safe conduct of training and agile airpower employment to meet the nation’s security challenges.”

He restated his commitment to addressing maintenance and logistics support for all NAF fleets to ensure it surpasses the current average serviceability of over 78 per cent.

On training, Abubakar stated that overseas and local training would henceforth be deliberate and targeted to address deficiencies in needed skills and capabilities, just as selection for such courses would be purely merit-based to ensure that only the most qualified were selected to give the NAF value for money.

On welfare, he noted that under his watch, issues of poor electricity and water supply as well as dilapidated accommodation and road infrastructure on all NAF bases would be given due attention to ensure that personnel and their families live comfortably.

While assuring them of prompt payment of all entitlements, he also promised to look into the issue of uniforms and other accoutrements.

In January 2022, the former Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Oladayo Amao (retd), said 38 new aircraft had been inducted into the inventory of the Airforce to further combat the insurgency activities in the country.

In December 2022, he also said Nigeria would receive 54 manned and unmanned military aircraft to tackle multi-pronged security threats.

Also in October 2021, the Federal Government took delivery of 12 A-29 Super Tucano fighter jets.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel
Forum | 22 hours ago

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel

Ben Stiller Says He Was ‘Affected’ by Zoolander 2 Responses: ‘I Thought Everybody Wanted This’
Forum | 2 days ago

Ben Stiller Says He Was ‘Affected’ by Zoolander 2 Responses: ‘I Thought Everybody Wanted This’

I’m Grateful - Ini Edo Says As She Celebrates 42nd Birthday
Forum | 2 days ago

I’m Grateful - Ini Edo Says As She Celebrates 42nd Birthday

Jerry Seinfeld Says Movie Business Is ‘Over’
Forum | 3 days ago

Jerry Seinfeld Says Movie Business Is ‘Over’