N8,000 palliative is a lot for poor families, says Gov Sule

Forum 9 months ago

N8,000 palliative is a lot for poor families, says Gov Sule

Governor Abdullahi Sule of Nasarawa State has expressed his disagreement with those who argue that the proposed N8,000 palliative by the Federal Government will not significantly cushion the effects of fuel subsidy removal on poor Nigerians.

He said this while speaking on Channels Television’s Politics Today on Friday, adding that N8,000 is a substantial amount for many impoverished families in the country who do not usually receive such a sum in a month.

He recalled how they were previously distributing only N5,000 as palliatives, and there were numerous people who relied on that amount each month. Some communities even pooled contributions and achieved considerable impact within their localities.

He said, “We were sharing only N5,000 and believe me there were so many people that were waiting for that N5,000 every month. Indeed, there were some communities that were able to do some kind of contributions and they were able to do a lot in their various communities.

“So, N8,000 may not be so much money to some people, but it is a lot to so many other people who are from very poor families that don’t see N8,000 every month. So, the only thing is that let us identify those families.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel
Forum | 1 day ago

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel

Ben Stiller Says He Was ‘Affected’ by Zoolander 2 Responses: ‘I Thought Everybody Wanted This’
Forum | 2 days ago

Ben Stiller Says He Was ‘Affected’ by Zoolander 2 Responses: ‘I Thought Everybody Wanted This’

Governor Mbah Trying to Create Crisis in Enugu – IPOB Warns
Forum | 3 days ago

Governor Mbah Trying to Create Crisis in Enugu – IPOB Warns

Aggrieved Aspirants Petition APC, Demand Cancellation Of Ondo Gov Primary Election
Forum | 3 days ago

Aggrieved Aspirants Petition APC, Demand Cancellation Of Ondo Gov Primary Election