Andrey Santos receives work permit ahead of new Chelsea season

Forum 9 months ago

Andrey Santos receives work permit ahead of new Chelsea season

Chelsea midfielder Andrey Santos has qualified for a work permit to allow him to play in the Premier League, 90min understands.

The 19-year-old joined from Vasco da Gama for a fee of around £18m in January but narrowly missed out on a work permit and returned to the Brazilian club on a six-month loan deal.

Having since made his international debut for Brazil, Santos has officially qualified for a work permit and is free to represent Chelsea in the Premier League next season.

Blues fans got a first glimpse of Santos in action during the 5-0 victory over Wrexham in pre-season, with the teenager impressing in Mauricio Pochettino's first unofficial game for the club.

Pochettino is keen to take a closer look at a number of his young midfielders before making a final decision on the make-up of his senior squad for next season, with Santos' permit now giving the 19-year-old more options for the coming campaign.

Alongside Santos, Pochettino is also looking at 20-year-old Cesare Casadei and 19-year-old Carney Chukwuemeka, the latter of whom recently stressed his desire to remain at Stamford Bridge next season.

"He's [Pochettino] come in and said that he sees the talent that he wants to develop and to help develop me," Chukwuemeka said. "Whether that's in a month or six months, but I want to stay.

"I want to prove to everyone what I can do and help the club. So, at the end of the day we'll sit down, come together and decide what's best for me."

Chelsea also remain in negotiations with Brighton over midfielder Moises Caicedo but there remains a gulf in valuation of the Ecuador international, who has been hit with an asking price of over £100m by the Seagulls.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: I know why Rashford is having bad season – Ten Hag
Forum | 14 hours ago

EPL: I know why Rashford is having bad season – Ten Hag

EPL: They’ll be too good – Chris Sutton predicts Chelsea vs Aston Villa
Forum | 14 hours ago

EPL: They’ll be too good – Chris Sutton predicts Chelsea vs Aston Villa

New Evil Dead Movie Gets Writer-Director, Sami Rami Issues Statement
Forum | 1 day ago

New Evil Dead Movie Gets Writer-Director, Sami Rami Issues Statement