Bayern Munich make clear plans over Joshua Kimmich transfer

Forum 9 months ago

Bayern Munich make clear plans over Joshua Kimmich transfer

Bayern Munich are making it clear that their stance on star midfielder Joshua Kimmich is unchanged and they have no desire to let him leave the club this summer, 90min has been told.

The Germany midfielder's future has come under the spotlight after he raised concerns about where he sees himself in the long-term and whether that does indeed mean remaining at Bayern.

The news of Kimmich possibly being unsettled at the Allianz Arena did not go unnoticed around Europe. It is believed that Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City and Manchester United were all being kept informed about his situation, as were Barcelona and Paris Saint-Germain.

Barcelona and Manchester City emerged as the most likely bidders this summer, but Bayern reacted by insisting that he was not available and no approaches would be welcomed or accepted.

But again Kimmich continues to be linked with a transfer. Just this week, head coach Thomas Tuchel was asked about his situation and he admitted that anything is possible in football.

"It would be surprising. But a transfer window is a transfer window, I said in general that anything is possible. There's absolutely no point in name-dropping and throwing in a different name every day," said the Bayern boss, who insists that Kimmich remains a key part of his plans.

Kimmich remains under contract in Munich until the summer of 2025.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Transfer: Iheanacho tipped to leave Leicester City this summer
Forum | 2 days ago

Transfer: Iheanacho tipped to leave Leicester City this summer

Transfer: Barcelona to move for Chukwuemeka
Forum | 3 days ago

Transfer: Barcelona to move for Chukwuemeka

Transfer: Club Brugge target summer move for Nigerian striker
Forum | 3 days ago

Transfer: Club Brugge target summer move for Nigerian striker

I Didn’t Make A Penny At My Last Show Because People Were Scared Of Spraying Money — Rapper Speed Darlington Cries Out
Forum | 1 week ago

I Didn’t Make A Penny At My Last Show Because People Were Scared Of Spraying Money — Rapper Speed Darlington Cries Out