EPL: Why Man United signed Jonny Evans – Erik ten Hag opens up

Forum 9 months ago

EPL: Why Man United signed Jonny Evans – Erik ten Hag opens up

Manchester United boss Erik ten Hag has explained why the club re-signed Jonny Evans.

Ten Had believes that the veteran defender, who left relegated Leicester City, can have a big impact on Manchester United’s younger players.

The 35-year-old Northern Ireland defender was given a short-term deal at the Theatre of Dreams.

Evans has joined up with the rest of the club in Edinburgh for Wednesday’s pre-season friendly against Lyon.

All things being equal, he might likely feature off the bench before travelling with the squad to San Diego for the first leg of the club’s tour of the United States.

Ten Hag told MUTV, “Of course, I know [about] him for a long time, I know his place was here, was in Manchester.

“We welcomed him to come and train with us, to work on his fitness, and then I said not all the players are in, the internationals were out still on their break.

“We know he’s a very experienced player but also a very good person, big personality, and I think he has a big authority as well and he can help the young players, especially in such moments. So it benefits all sides.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend
Forum | 2 days ago

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend's Burger

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’
Forum | 2 days ago

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd

EPL: Liverpool’s title ambition takes hit with 2-0 defeat to Everton
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: Liverpool’s title ambition takes hit with 2-0 defeat to Everton