Nigerian Singer, Simi Engages Troll Over Singles, Collabs

Forum 9 months ago

Nigerian Singer, Simi Engages Troll Over Singles, Collabs

Simi, one of Nigeria's biggest singers, has tackled a troll on social media.

She disagreed with a critic who professed love for her features with male artists than her singles.

The tweep argued about not being a fan of Simi’s voice on her singles but love every all her features.

“I’m not really a huge fan of Simi’s voice on singles but I love all her features, I definitely cannot wait for this one,” the tweep wrote

The tweet did not resonate well with Simi who dragged the tweep for validating her voice based on her features which are majorly with the opposite gender.

Simi claimed she is the same writer and singer but most people wait for the male who features her before they validate her talent.

“It’s literally the same voice. The same writer. The same singer. This is gonna be hard to hear, but some of you wait for men (because na dem dey feature me) to give you permission to validate my talent.

“I honestly say this with zero malice. I’m just used to it now and I think people should just enjoy what they enjoy rather than make it seem like I off my magic button when I’m singing my own songs. Nobody will beat you,” she said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
No More "Big 3", There
Forum | 2 days ago

No More "Big 3", There's Now A "Big 4" In Nigerian Music Industry - Rema Declares

Gospel Singer Morenikeji ‘Egbin Orun’ Is Dead
Forum | 2 days ago

Gospel Singer Morenikeji ‘Egbin Orun’ Is Dead

Nigerian Man, His Wife And 11 Others Arrested In Vietnam For Alleged Money Laundering
Forum | 2 days ago

Nigerian Man, His Wife And 11 Others Arrested In Vietnam For Alleged Money Laundering

EPL: Guardiola singles out five Man City players after 2-0 win at Nottingham Forest
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: Guardiola singles out five Man City players after 2-0 win at Nottingham Forest