Transfer: Get out – Mason Greenwood told he ‘must’ leave Man Utd

Forum 9 months ago

Transfer: Get out – Mason Greenwood told he ‘must’ leave Man Utd

DC United boss, Wayne Rooney, has urged Mason Greenwood to leave Manchester United to “get his career back on track”.

Greenwood is still the subject of an internal investigation at United and remains suspended by the club.

The former England striker was arrested in early 2022 over allegations of rape, assault, and coercive and controlling behaviour.

The charges have since been dropped, but it remains to be seen if Greenwood will be allowed to play for the Red Devils again.

Speaking to The Athletic, Rooney said: “It leaves Mason Greenwood in a position where he is stuck.

“So for Mason, it’s a bad position to be in because I’m sure he just wants to play football. But for the club, its image and ensuring they make the right decisions, it’s almost a catch 22. I think the best thing for Mason now is to get out of the club and go and develop somewhere else.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’
Forum | 1 day ago

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd

EPL: Arsenal, Man City must have bad moments – Klopp on Liverpool’s title chances
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Arsenal, Man City must have bad moments – Klopp on Liverpool’s title chances

EPL: John Terry predicts positions Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool will finish
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: John Terry predicts positions Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool will finish