Ilkay Gundogan sends message to 'incredible' Bernardo Silva after Barcelona move

Forum 9 months ago

Ilkay Gundogan sends message to 'incredible' Bernardo Silva after Barcelona move

Ilkay Gundogan heaped praise on former Manchester City teammate Bernardo Silva during his presentation at Barcelona, who want to sign the Portugal international this summer.

Barcelona prioritised a free move for Gundogan and have now turned their attention to other targets, including Silva, who has long been towards the top of the wish lists of those in charge at Camp Nou.

Silva, 28, has two years remaining on his City contract and has made it clear he would like to leave the Premier League champions this summer. City will not stand in his way but will only entertain offers of around £75m - likely too high for Barcelona.

Predictably, Gundogan was asked about Silva during his unveiling in Catalonia, but the German midfielder did his best to keep tight-lipped.

He is an incredible player, I think he has many qualities to be a high-level player but he has a contract with City, so I can say little," Gundogan said. "The rest is not in my hands.

"I love playing with him. Wherever he plays, I always with him the best."

Barcelona president Joan Laporta also continued to fuel the fire of a move for Silva, telling fans (via Soc Blaugrana): "Yes, I would like to [sign him]."

The stumbling block for Barcelona remains City's price tag. The Premier League giants are prepared to sanction Silva's exit but want fair compensation for a 28-year-old who is seen as one of the game's finest in his position.

Paris Saint-Germain are also keen to land Silva, with new manager Luis Enrique ready to push ahead with an offer for the Portugal international this summer.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Classic Okoli Weeps After Sharing Insensitive Message She Received For Escaping Boat Accident
Forum | 2 days ago

Classic Okoli Weeps After Sharing Insensitive Message She Received For Escaping Boat Accident

BBNaija’s Teddy Sends Sweet Note to His Wife, BamBam on Her 35th Birthday
Forum | 3 days ago

BBNaija’s Teddy Sends Sweet Note to His Wife, BamBam on Her 35th Birthday

Transfer: Barcelona to move for Chukwuemeka
Forum | 3 days ago

Transfer: Barcelona to move for Chukwuemeka

Singer, Portable Slams Wife, Bewaji, For Not Including Him In Her Birthday Message To Herself
Forum | 5 days ago

Singer, Portable Slams Wife, Bewaji, For Not Including Him In Her Birthday Message To Herself