BREAKING: Marcus Rashford signs new five-year contract at Man Utd

Forum 9 months ago

BREAKING: Marcus Rashford signs new five-year contract at Man Utd

Manchester United have announced that Marcus Rashford has signed a new contract running until 2028.

The forward's previous deal was up at the end of the 2023/24 season, but the Red Devils have always been confident of tying him down to a long-term contract despite lingering interest from PSG.

90min revealed in June that Man Utd were willing to make Rashford their highest earner, and he has now put pen to paper on a new contract.

In a statement, Man Utd said: "Marcus Rashford has signed a new contract that will extend his stay with Manchester United until 30 June 2028.

"The Wythenshawe-born Academy graduate has made 359 appearances and scored 123 goals for the club since making his debut in 2016.

"He capped off a fantastic 2022/23 season, in which he scored 30 goals, by winning the Sir Matt Busby Player of the Year and Players' Player of the Year awards."

Speaking to club channels, Rashford said: "I joined Manchester United as a seven-year-old boy with a dream. That same passion, pride, and determination to succeed still drives me every time I have the honour of wearing the shirt.

"I've already had some amazing experiences at this incredible club, but there is still a lot more to achieve and I remain relentlessly determined to win more trophies in the years ahead.

"As a United fan all my life, I know the responsibility that comes with representing this badge and feel the highs and lows as much as anyone. I can assure you that I will give everything to help the team reach the level we are capable of, and I can feel the same determination around the dressing room. I couldn't be more excited for the future under this manager."

Man Utd football director John Murtough added: "Ever since he joined our Academy 18 years ago, Marcus has epitomised what it takes to succeed as a Manchester United player.

"He is a brilliant talent but also humble, dedicated and driven. As he enters his prime years, we know there is still so much more to come from him, and we can see the hunger that Marcus feels to achieve the highest levels of success here at Manchester United.

"Working with Erik ten Hag and his coaches is the perfect environment for Marcus to continue to develop into one of the best attacking players in the world."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
New Evil Dead Movie Gets Writer-Director, Sami Rami Issues Statement
Forum | 10 hours ago

New Evil Dead Movie Gets Writer-Director, Sami Rami Issues Statement

FG To Abuja-Lokoja-Benin Road Contractors: Sign Contract In Two Days Or Forfeit Job
Forum | 14 hours ago

FG To Abuja-Lokoja-Benin Road Contractors: Sign Contract In Two Days Or Forfeit Job

This Time Next Year Trailer Previews Sophie Cookson and Lucien Laviscount Rom-Com
Forum | 16 hours ago

This Time Next Year Trailer Previews Sophie Cookson and Lucien Laviscount Rom-Com

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend
Forum | 20 hours ago

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend's Burger