2023 WWC: Super Falcons battle ready for Canada – Waldrum

Forum 9 months ago

2023 WWC: Super Falcons battle ready for Canada – Waldrum

Super Falcons head coach, Randy Waldrum has said his team is battle ready for their opening fixture against Canada at the 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup.

The West Africans will be up against the Olympic champions at the Melbourne Rectangular Stadium on Thursday.

The Canadians will head into the game as the overwhelming favourites, but Waldrum stated that his charges are up for the task ahead.

The American also said his players had prepared adequately for the game.

“Good, good session, a good day, we did load them a little bit,” Waldrum said in a short video interview posted on NFF’s Twitter handle.

“The players were into it, it was intense, and then we got a chance to work on some of the tactics, so very pleased with training today.

“Obviously, the weather is going to be a little bit of a factor, it’s colder there than it is here, it’s winter in Australia, so we’re just going to have to adapt to it.

“It’s a 12:30 kick-off midday game, so that should help a little bit with the weather. I think the thing is, you get to this point, you just have to play in the elements, whatever they are, you’re at the World Cup.

But I think the players are prepared, I think they understand the game plan, now we just have to make sure we execute it.”

Co-hosts Australia and the Republic of Ireland are the other teams in the group.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Mayor of Kingstown Season 3 Trailer Previews Jeremy Renner’s Battle Against Russian Mob
Forum | 2 days ago

Mayor of Kingstown Season 3 Trailer Previews Jeremy Renner’s Battle Against Russian Mob

Tales of the Empire Clip Previews Battle Against General Grievous
Forum | 2 days ago

Tales of the Empire Clip Previews Battle Against General Grievous

Radio Silence Reveal Abigail’s Ready or Not Easter Egg
Forum | 4 days ago

Radio Silence Reveal Abigail’s Ready or Not Easter Egg

The Coffee Table Digital Release Date Set for Super Dark Comedy
Forum | 1 week ago

The Coffee Table Digital Release Date Set for Super Dark Comedy