Delta monarch installs kingdom’s prime minister

Forum 9 months ago

Delta monarch installs kingdom’s prime minister

The Orodje of Okpe, Delta State, His Majesty, Orhue 1, Maj. Gen. Felix Mujakperuo (retd.), has advised his newly-installed second-in-command, the Unu-Okpe of Okpe in Okpe kingdom, Chief Michael Affe, to be neutral and live above board in treating issues within his jurisdiction.

The monarch gave the charge on Saturday in Orerokpe, headquarters of the Okpe Local Government Area of the state, shortly after installing Affe as the Unu-Okpe of Okpe.

Mujakperuo, who is the Chairman of Delta State Traditional Rulers Council, said, “I have hope in you that you will do well in your new capacity. But you should note that you are no longer of the Evwreke Ruling House, you are now the Unu-Okpe of Okpe.

“People will be watching whether your action will be tilted towards the Evwreke Ruling House.

“As the Orodje of Okpe, I am not that of the Orhue Ruling House, but that of the entire Okpe. So, I need to warn you that you are no longer in Evwreke’s Ruling House, you are in the centre and all your actions must reflect that.”

Speaking shortly after his installation, Affe promised to initiate policies and programmes that would take Okpe kingdom to greater heights.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Fallout TV Show Viewership Sets Record for Prime Video
Forum | 1 day ago

Fallout TV Show Viewership Sets Record for Prime Video

Fake Alcohol Producer Arrested In Delta And Recounts How He Makes The Fake Drinks
Forum | 1 day ago

Fake Alcohol Producer Arrested In Delta And Recounts How He Makes The Fake Drinks

Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes Clip Highlights Caesar’s Legacy
Forum | 2 days ago

Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes Clip Highlights Caesar’s Legacy

Court Strikes Out Suit Seeking to Remove Hannatu Musawa As Minister as She
Forum | 4 days ago

Court Strikes Out Suit Seeking to Remove Hannatu Musawa As Minister as She's a Serving NYSC Member