A’Ibom gov orders renovation of primary schools

Forum 9 months ago

A’Ibom gov orders renovation of primary schools

Akwa Ibom State governor, Pastor Umo Eno, has declared a state of emergency on primary education in the state and directed immediate renovation and upgrade of facilities in primary institutions across the state.

The governor gave the directives when he paid an unscheduled visit to Christ the King Primary School, located along Willington Bassey Way, Uyo, on Friday.

He said that the school would be upgraded to standard with the renovation of structures, provision of educational materials, solar lights, pipe-borne water, and staff quarters.

Eno said, “Education is a key thing in the ARISE agenda and so we are determined, especially at the grassroots level. The grassroots level of education begins with the primary school.

“This school is next to the government house, so it should be a model. We want to start here to create that model primary school we’re talking about.

“I have just interacted with the pupils, they are vacating on the 28th, and we will use that holiday to remodel this school, working very hard with the Ministry of Housing, the architect, and the rest.”

In her interaction with newsmen from the government’s house, the school Headmistress, Mrs Eme Bassey, thanked the governor for the visit.

“We express appreciation for the decision of the state administration to remodel the institution,” she said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Governor Mbah Trying to Create Crisis in Enugu – IPOB Warns
Forum | 3 days ago

Governor Mbah Trying to Create Crisis in Enugu – IPOB Warns

Stop Intimidating Me, Obey Court Orders - Yahaya Bello Tells EFCC
Forum | 3 days ago

Stop Intimidating Me, Obey Court Orders - Yahaya Bello Tells EFCC

Aggrieved Aspirants Petition APC, Demand Cancellation Of Ondo Gov Primary Election
Forum | 3 days ago

Aggrieved Aspirants Petition APC, Demand Cancellation Of Ondo Gov Primary Election

Governor Ododo Didn’t Help Yahaya Bello Escape EFCC Arrest — Commissioner, Fanwo
Forum | 6 days ago

Governor Ododo Didn’t Help Yahaya Bello Escape EFCC Arrest — Commissioner, Fanwo