Eddie Howe reveals Newcastle's stance on signing Saudi Pro League players on loan

Forum 9 months ago

Eddie Howe reveals Newcastle's stance on signing Saudi Pro League players on loan

Manager Eddie Howe says Newcastle could sign players from the Saudi Pro League on loan if the prospective deal was right for the club.

The Magpies are owned by Saudi Arabia's Public Investment Fund, who recently took majority control of Al Nassr, Al Hilal, Al Ittihad and Al Ahli. Players like Roberto Firmino, Edouard Mendy, Ruben Neves, Karim Benzema, N'Golo Kante and Cristiano Ronaldo are among the many to have left European football in favour of resettling in the Middle East this summer.

Fears that Newcastle could dip into that market of players in the future have been raised and Howe revealed such loan deals could happen.

He said: "That depends on if it is the right thing for Newcastle. We'll always act with our best interests first.

"I don't think the fees have been excessive necessarily - maybe the wages have, which is making it attractive to players."

Newcastle still have work to do this window. Sandro Tonali arrived from AC Milan as their first major signing, having also brought in Yankuba Minteh from Danish side Odense Boldklub before sending him to Feyenoord on loan.

James Maddison was a target before Spurs swooped in, while interest has been registered in Chelsea duo Conor Gallagher and Trevoh Chalobah. Talks have also been held with Leicester for winger Harvey Barnes, who could replace Allan Saint-Maximin if the Frenchman departs with Saudi interest brewing.

"I'm a mixture of all things at different times," Howe responded when asked if the window had been calm or frustrating so far. "I'm patient and understand the parameters we're working in but I also know the needs we have.

"For me it's not a case of we want to do it, we need to do it. And being a coach I want them on the grass available now, so all of those things together."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Actress Tolulope Onamade Reveals How She Was Nearly Used for Rituals After Joining Friends for Hook-up
Forum | 1 day ago

Actress Tolulope Onamade Reveals How She Was Nearly Used for Rituals After Joining Friends for Hook-up

Davido Reveals Huge Amount He Made From His Sold Out Concert at Madison Square Concert
Forum | 1 day ago

Davido Reveals Huge Amount He Made From His Sold Out Concert at Madison Square Concert

Erigga Reveals How to Detect a Street Wife
Forum | 1 day ago

Erigga Reveals How to Detect a Street Wife

Prom Dates Trailer Previews Hulu’s High School Comedy
Forum | 1 day ago

Prom Dates Trailer Previews Hulu’s High School Comedy