EPL: I begged him – Ian Wright reveals what he told Declan Rice before he joined Arsenal

Forum 9 months ago

EPL: I begged him – Ian Wright reveals what he told Declan Rice before he joined Arsenal

Former Arsenal striker, Ian Wright has revealed how he begged Declan Rice to join Arsenal this summer.

Former West Ham United captain, Rice was confirmed as Arsenal player on Saturday after weeks of expectation.

Sky Sports reports that the England midfielder has signed a five-year deal after Arsenal agreed to pay a club-record £105 million in transfer fees for his services.

Bayern Munich, Chelsea and Manchester United were also said to have shown interest in signing the Englishman from West Ham.

And Wright said he played part in the defensive midfielder’s blockbuster move to the red side of north London.

Speaking on the Wrighty’s House podcast, the former England striker said, “Everyone was talking about when I went to the England squad, I was tapping him up. Yes I F*****g was. Literally, I was begging him!. I don’t work for the club, I’m an Arsenal fan.

“I said, ‘look at you and Saka, how cool you look together’, it’s just excitement.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Iwobi guns for 250th appearance as Fulham host Crystal Palace
Forum | 17 hours ago

EPL: Iwobi guns for 250th appearance as Fulham host Crystal Palace

EPL: Harry Redknapp gives surprise prediction for Tottenham vs Arsenal clash
Forum | 17 hours ago

EPL: Harry Redknapp gives surprise prediction for Tottenham vs Arsenal clash

EPL: Arteta reveals what Wenger told him about title race
Forum | 17 hours ago

EPL: Arteta reveals what Wenger told him about title race