Adeleke begs banks to return to Osun

Forum 9 months ago

Adeleke begs banks to return to Osun

Osun State Governor, Ademola Adeleke, has pleaded with the management of banks that were forced to shut down operations in some towns in the state to reopen their branches.

Adeleke, who assured them of improved security, spoke at the commissioning of the rebuilt Ede branch of First Bank of Nigeria on Friday.

A statement by the governor’s spokesperson, Olawale Rasheed, obtained in Osogbo on Saturday, noted that Adeleke also declared that his administration has reworked the state’s security architecture to secure major towns and villages.

The statement further read, “The conditions responsible for the closing of banks’ branches at Ila, Iree, Ikirun, Iwo, and other areas of the state no longer exist. Osun is secured for banking operations.

“I call on top bank management to reopen your branches. Osun is under-banked, even with digital applications, physical offices are still needed in many towns.

“I recently launched a sustainable industrial policy for the state. I call on banks to partner with us for implementation. We want to grow the private sector. This is good news for financial institutions.”

The governor also commended the management of First Bank for its deep partnership with the state, and urged it to expand its reach, as the administration was ready to deepen partnerships with financial institutions and private organisations.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
I Am Going To Have Eleven Beautiful Children, My Late Son Will Return - Yul Edochie
Forum | 2 days ago

I Am Going To Have Eleven Beautiful Children, My Late Son Will Return - Yul Edochie

Chioma Adeleke Opens Up On How She Met Her Husband, Davido
Forum | 4 days ago

Chioma Adeleke Opens Up On How She Met Her Husband, Davido

Iyabo Ojo Begs Sanwo-Olu, Security Over Mohbad Mother’s Safety
Forum | 1 week ago

Iyabo Ojo Begs Sanwo-Olu, Security Over Mohbad Mother’s Safety

Acapulco Season 3 Trailer Previews Return of Apple TV+ Comedy
Forum | 1 week ago

Acapulco Season 3 Trailer Previews Return of Apple TV+ Comedy