Osoba’s life worth emulating, Tinubu hails ex-Ogun governor at 84

Forum 9 months ago

Osoba’s life worth emulating, Tinubu hails ex-Ogun governor at 84

President Bola Tinubu on Saturday, described former Ogun State Governor, Olusegun Osoba, as an important statesman whose life is worth emulating.

“His life is worthy of emulation as it will serve as a useful beacon for many, particularly the upcoming Nigerians,” Tinubu said in his birthday message to Osoba who turned 84 on July 15, 2023.

The President’s Special Adviser on Special Duties, Communications and Strategy, Dele Alake, revealed this in a statement he signed on Saturday titled ‘President Tinubu hails Aremo Osoba at 84, says his life is worthy of emulation.’

Osoba served twice as governor of Ogun State first from 1992 to 1993 during the aborted Third Republic and then from 1999 to 2003.

In his message to the elder statesman, Tinubu said “Today, I rejoice with the family, friends, and numerous associates of a prominent journalist, former governor of Ogun State and elder statesman, Aremo Olusegun Osoba, on attaining 84.

“Chief Osoba’s life is dotted with excellent achievements. A pioneer journalist who started his career in 1964 working with the Daily Times of Nigeria as a trainee reporter and rose to the pinnacle as the Managing Director/Editor-in-Chief.

“A pro-democracy activist who fought stridently for democracy and progressive good governance in Nigeria. It’s no surprise that his people elected him twice as governor of Ogun State and he remains today one of the leaders of our governing All Progressives Congress.”

He described the former governor as a highly respected elder statesman from whom many within the political class, young and old, receive advice and counselling.

The President said “He (Osoba) did not become the important statesman he is by happenstance.

“His accomplishments have come about by a dint of hard work, tenacity, perseverance, courage, and determination to excel.

“His life is worthy of emulation as it will serve as a useful beacon for many, particularly the upcoming Nigerians.”

The president congratulated Osoba on his birthday, thanking God for his life while praying for more years and good health so that the former governor can continue to offer useful contributions to the government and country.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Lagos Workers Now Earn Minimum Of N70,000 Since January – Governor Sanwo-Olu Says
Forum | 17 hours ago

Lagos Workers Now Earn Minimum Of N70,000 Since January – Governor Sanwo-Olu Says

Police Officers Arrested With Illicit Drugs Worth ₦20 Million
Forum | 22 hours ago

Police Officers Arrested With Illicit Drugs Worth ₦20 Million

I’ve Been In Love With Girls For My Whole Life – Billie Eilish
Forum | 1 day ago

I’ve Been In Love With Girls For My Whole Life – Billie Eilish

Governor Mbah Trying to Create Crisis in Enugu – IPOB Warns
Forum | 2 days ago

Governor Mbah Trying to Create Crisis in Enugu – IPOB Warns