Lionel Messi sets objectives after signing contract with Inter Miami

Forum 9 months ago

Lionel Messi sets objectives after signing contract with Inter Miami

Lionel Messi revealed his "excitement" at joining Inter Miami CF after signing a contract with the Herons through the end of the 2025 Major League Soccer season.

The player will occupy a Designated Player slot on the roster.

"I'm very excited to start this next step in my career with Inter Miami and in the United States," said Messi after the transfer was made official.

"This is a fantastic opportunity and together we will continue to build this beautiful project. The idea is to work together to achieve the objectives we set, and I'm very eager to start helping here in my new home."

The monumental move comes just one month after Messi announced his intentions to join the Herons during a joint-interview with Mundo Deportivo and SPORT in June: "I'm going to Miami. Leaving European football, much more after winning the World Cup, was what I needed."

Now, Messi is expected to make his debut on July 21 during the team's inaugural Leagues Cup match against Cruz Azul at DRV PNK Stadium in Fort Lauderdale Florida.

"We are overjoyed that the greatest player in the world chose Inter Miami CF and Major League Soccer, and his decision is a testament to the momentum and energy behind our League and our sport in North America," added MLS Commissioner Don Garber.

"We have no doubt that Lionel will show the world that MLS can be a League of Choice for the best players in the game. We look forward to seeing his debut for Inter Miami in our Leagues Cup tournament later this month."

He will also reunite with former Barcelona players Jordi Alba and Sergio Busquets, who will officially join Inter Miami later this week for their first training session. The three played together in Spain from 2012 to 2021, winning five La Liga titles, six Copa del Rey and one Champions League.

The players will feature under former Barcelona head coach Gerardo 'Tata' Martino, who replaced Phil Neville as manager on June 28.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Ride Trailer Sets Release Date for Western Drama
Forum | 2 days ago

Ride Trailer Sets Release Date for Western Drama

Mixed Reactions As Somadina Sets To ‘Wed’ Regina Daniels In A Movie
Forum | 2 days ago

Mixed Reactions As Somadina Sets To ‘Wed’ Regina Daniels In A Movie

Serie A: Inter Milan defeat AC Milan to clinch 20th title
Forum | 3 days ago

Serie A: Inter Milan defeat AC Milan to clinch 20th title

EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge
Forum | 5 days ago

EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge