I Was S3xually Abused at Six - Dele Alli Reveals Why He No Longer Speaks To His Mother And Nigerian Father

Forum 9 months ago

I Was S3xually Abused at Six - Dele Alli Reveals Why He No Longer Speaks To His Mother And Nigerian Father

Everton winger, Dele Alli has opened up about childhood trauma that stopped him from speaking to his father, Kehinde and mother, Denise.

According to him, separation between his 54-year-old father, Kehinde, and 60-year-old mother, Denise hugely affected his formative years.

He also revealed that he was s3xually abused at the age of six.

In an interview with Gary Neville on The Overlap, Alli alluded his dip in form in recent years to his childhood trauma and depressing moments.

The forward noted that he felt ‘betrayed’ by his parents after the separation.

He said he no longer speaks to his biological parents and their efforts to reconcile with him have remained futile.

He said: “My dad went missing for a while, and he might come out now and say some stuff about me, but when I started playing for England, he came back and then I used to speak to my mum as well. Just to try and help her.

I don’t speak to my mum anymore. So, when I was 18, my biological mum and dad went to the newspaper and like, started accusing the family that adopted me of doing all this stuff when they didn’t know what they had, like they were the ones that used to make me go and see my mum.

“I never wanted to go. They would always tell me, ‘She’s your mum, like you should have a relationship with her’. And I think that spoke volumes, like what they were doing. They were just doing it generally because they’re amazing people. So yeah.

“And then my mum – my blood mum and dad – went to the press saying that these people are taking advantage of me. They want to go through my contracts. And I hadn’t spoken to him for years.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Rio Ferdinand reveals ‘only’ way Sancho will return to Manchester United from Dortmund
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Rio Ferdinand reveals ‘only’ way Sancho will return to Manchester United from Dortmund

Defenders are afraid of him: Pundit reveals why Messi is succeeding at MLS
Forum | 2 days ago

Defenders are afraid of him: Pundit reveals why Messi is succeeding at MLS

The Idea of You Author Reveals if Harry Styles Served as Inspiration
Forum | 2 days ago

The Idea of You Author Reveals if Harry Styles Served as Inspiration

Unstable Season 2 Trailer Reveals Premiere Date for Rob Lowe Series’ Return
Forum | 3 days ago

Unstable Season 2 Trailer Reveals Premiere Date for Rob Lowe Series’ Return