Man Utd release statement on fans' harassment of Mason Mount

Forum 9 months ago

Man Utd release statement on fans' harassment of Mason Mount

Manchester United have responded to a viral video of Mason Mount telling fans that he will not sign their shirts.

Mount joined the Red Devils from Chelsea for an initial £55m earlier in July and he made his debut in their pre-season win against Leeds United in Oslo on Wednesday.

However, the midfielder has already found himself as the subject of debate on social media after a video emerged of him declining the chance to sign shirts for fans who have continually followed him since making the move to Old Trafford.

"You know I ain't signing it," Mount said in the video. "I haven't signed for the last three days so I don't know why you lot keep coming back."

Man Utd have now commented on the situation and have leapt to the defence of Mount.

"Unfortunately this kind of situation has become far too common. It's the last thing Mason deserves after being so friendly with everyone he has come across since joining United," the statement read.

"Professional autograph hunters are regularly pressuring United's players to sign large quantities of items that that they then sell for hundreds of pounds.

"It has become an every day occurrence and a major problem at Carrington. These organised groups will block players’ cars and harass them as they arrive and leave their workplace. It is becoming really dangerous and you have to worry that it is only a matter of time before someone gets hurt.

"It also means that young fans, who just want to interact with their heroes, often miss out because players can’t stop to take pictures with them without having to engage with the groups.

"It's a real frustration for everyone, security staff are in regular dialogue with the players around how to stop the problem. Action will definitely start to be taken if it continues to persist."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Apartment 7A: Rosemary’s Baby Prequel With Julia Garner Gets Release Date Window
Forum | 13 hours ago

Apartment 7A: Rosemary’s Baby Prequel With Julia Garner Gets Release Date Window

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend
Forum | 23 hours ago

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend's Burger

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’
Forum | 1 day ago

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’

Destroy All Neighbors DVD Release Date Confirmed for Gory Comedy
Forum | 1 day ago

Destroy All Neighbors DVD Release Date Confirmed for Gory Comedy