Christian Pulisic officially leaves Chelsea for AC Milan

Forum 9 months ago

Christian Pulisic officially leaves Chelsea for AC Milan

Serie A side AC Milan has signed US men's national team figure Christian Pulisic from Chelsea FC on a four year contract, with an additional option for 2028.

The 24-year-old departs the Premier League after four years, where he managed 145 appearances across all competitions and a UEFA Champions League title in 2021. Now, the Stars and Stripes captain becomes just the third American to play for the Rosseneri after Oguchi Onyewu (now vice president of sporting for USA) and Sergino Dest.

"I’m very happy to be here. I’m excited. I’m excited to start with this historic club," Pulisic said before signing. "It’s legendary and I’m really excited to come here and try to win some titles here.

"I believe I had great moments at Chelsea. I learned a lot as a player and I grew a lot, but now I'm completely ready for this brilliant challenge at AC Milan," he added.

"I remember playing here at San Siro in the Champions League and I could not believe what I was seeing before the match even started when the fans were just chanting and screaming. The atmosphere was absolutely electric. I'd never experienced anything like that. I think AC Milan, playing at San Siro, might be the best place in the world when there's a big game."

The forward is coming off a poor 2022/23 season, scoring only one goal and one assist in 24 games with Chelsea. Though his time in the Premier League was riddled with injuries, the Pennsylvania native

managed a successful international career by forming part of the 2022 World Cup squad and recently lifting the 2023 Nations League trophy.

Pulisic now joins a frontline that boasts the likes of Olivier Giroud and Rafael Leao, with Milan still looking to add more signings up front.

"I'm hugely excited, now, to be on the home end of that brilliant support and to be a part of all this. The Milanista fans have already been stunning, it's incredible. Every place I've been there seems to be fans waiting out there; it just shows you the passion and the culture of this city and what this club means to them. They've definitely gone 'above and beyond' so far."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Nicki DaBarbie Shares Test Result, Outcome Leaves Many Shocked
Forum | 2 days ago

Nicki DaBarbie Shares Test Result, Outcome Leaves Many Shocked

Serie A: Inter Milan defeat AC Milan to clinch 20th title
Forum | 5 days ago

Serie A: Inter Milan defeat AC Milan to clinch 20th title

FA Cup: ‘You want him in front of goal’ – Lampard hails Chelsea star
Forum | 1 week ago

FA Cup: ‘You want him in front of goal’ – Lampard hails Chelsea star

EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge
Forum | 1 week ago

EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge