Ange Postecoglou discusses Harry Kane future ahead of crunch talks

Forum 9 months ago

Ange Postecoglou discusses Harry Kane future ahead of crunch talks

New Tottenham manager Ange Postecoglou has insisted that he will not treat Harry Kane differently to the rest of his squad ahead of crunch talks about his future.

Kane's future has been the subject of much speculation this summer, with 90min reporting that Bayern Munich lodged a second bid worth €80m for his services this week.

Despite the interest from Bayern, Tottenham have no intention of selling their all-time top goalscorer this summer and have not set a price tag for his services.

The striker is entering the final year of his contract at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, with the Lilywhites widely expected to offer fresh terms over a new deal in the coming weeks.

Speaking to the press ahead of his first pre-season at Spurs manager, Postecoglou revealed that he does not intend to give Kane special treatment in order to keep him at the club.

"I don't think it's my role to sit there and treat people in a manner because of their circumstances," the new boss said.

"I treat everyone the same. Harry is already an important figure in the history of this football club. He's one of the premier players in the world. I want him here and I want to make this club successful. I'm certain he wants that as well.

"It's not going to be a conversation where we come out with some kind of understanding. I just want to introduce myself and I want to know what he wants to happen to make this football club successful then we'll go out there on the training ground and make it happen."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Angela Okorie fires back at Mercy Johnson’s husband, tags him ‘houseboy’
Forum | 12 hours ago

Angela Okorie fires back at Mercy Johnson’s husband, tags him ‘houseboy’

EPL: ‘Not by goal difference’ – Guardiola on how City will win title ahead of Arsenal
Forum | 17 hours ago

EPL: ‘Not by goal difference’ – Guardiola on how City will win title ahead of Arsenal

Angela Okorie Goes on Long Rant, Calls Out Mercy Johnson
Forum | 1 day ago

Angela Okorie Goes on Long Rant, Calls Out Mercy Johnson

EPL: Nottingham Forest get Awoniyi’s fitness boost ahead of Sheffield United clash
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Nottingham Forest get Awoniyi’s fitness boost ahead of Sheffield United clash