John Terry confirms return to Chelsea staff role

Forum 9 months ago

John Terry confirms return to Chelsea staff role

John Terry has confirmed he has returned to Chelsea to work as part of the academy staff.

The iconic former centre-back spent over a year working in an academy consultancy role before leaving to reunite with Dean Smith at Leicester City, leaving the Foxes two months later after they were relegated.

Terry has now confirmed his return to Chelsea, posting on social media: "I’m delighted to be back home working in the academy and continuing my role at the club."

Photos soon followed of Terry meeting new manager Mauricio Pochettino, with the Blues icon writing: "Great to see the gaffer. Great manager and great man. Good luck and welcome. We would have been a great center-back partnership."

The boss further endeared himself to the Chelsea fanbase by describing 42-year-old Terry as a 'legend' in his response.

Terry was also spotted at the Chelsea scholarship event alongside the likes of Leo Cardoso, Kiano Dyer and Frankie Runham, the latter of whom had been tipped to leave the club this summer but has instead inked fresh terms.

Also among the talents Terry will work with is 17-year-old Ishe Samuels-Smith, who has now completed his permanent transfer from Everton.

"It was a shock to me because it all happened quickly, but I’m really glad to be here," Samuels-Smith said of his move.

"It’s going to be a good experience coming into such a big club. It will be a new challenge because there are top players here, so I am going to have to adapt quickly and get through the levels."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Anthony Joshua confirms date, venue of next fight, possible opponents
Forum | 7 hours ago

Anthony Joshua confirms date, venue of next fight, possible opponents

EPL: They’ll be too good – Chris Sutton predicts Chelsea vs Aston Villa
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: They’ll be too good – Chris Sutton predicts Chelsea vs Aston Villa

Championship: Ndidi celebrates Leicester City’s return to Premier League
Forum | 1 day ago

Championship: Ndidi celebrates Leicester City’s return to Premier League