Adeleke orders staff audit review

Forum 9 months ago

Adeleke orders staff audit review

Osun State Governor, Ademola Adeleke, on Friday ordered an immediate review of the ongoing staff audit, following faceoff between workers and the consultant handling the exercise.

The exercise was disrupted on Thursday after the consultant reportedly ordered workers waiting for their turn to vacate the premises, citing logistics challenges.

A statement by the governor’s media aide, Olawale Rasheed, said Adeleke while addressing a joint meeting of labour leaders and the auditing firm, directed the joint committee working on the exercise to address all sticky areas and come up with acceptable modalities for hitch-free exercise.

The statement quoted the governor as saying, “I have read a lot of comments and complaints from the public service. I have also listened to you all at this meeting. We must adjust the procedures to have a mutually acceptable exercise. We should all remember the purpose of this audit exercise which is to block leakages and expand staff welfare.

“To that extent, the joint committee should meet urgently to decide on two items. First, a new acceptable timetable should be created that will take into account the diversity and peculiarities of each government agency or ministry.

“Secondly, the committee should also brainstorm on decentralisation of the exercise on a zonal basis to reduce the burden and logistics of movements to the capital city.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Stop Intimidating Me, Obey Court Orders - Yahaya Bello Tells EFCC
Forum | 3 days ago

Stop Intimidating Me, Obey Court Orders - Yahaya Bello Tells EFCC

Chioma Adeleke Opens Up On How She Met Her Husband, Davido
Forum | 4 days ago

Chioma Adeleke Opens Up On How She Met Her Husband, Davido

WAEC disclaimer notice on purported ad-hoc staff recruitment
Forum | 6 days ago

WAEC disclaimer notice on purported ad-hoc staff recruitment

Mohbad’s Wife, Wunmi Reacts As Court Orders Substituted Service On DNA TestOn DNA Test
Forum | 1 week ago

Mohbad’s Wife, Wunmi Reacts As Court Orders Substituted Service On DNA TestOn DNA Test