Anambra launches initiative to improve local tech industry

Forum 9 months ago

Anambra launches initiative to improve local tech industry

The Anambra State Government, through its Solution Innovation District on Friday announced the launch of its software development programme called ‘Code Anambra’.

“This is a comprehensive software development training programme aimed at empowering the Ndi Anambra with advanced in-demand skills and opportunities in the global tech industry,” a statement by the state government said.

“Code Anambra is designed to equip Anambra’s talented tech enthusiasts with the knowledge, expertise and practical skills in various software development areas, including Product Design, Frontend Development, Backend Development, Fullstack Development, and Mobile App Development. This initiative reflects the commitment of Mr Governor, Professor Charles Chukwuma Soludo CFR, towards promoting innovation, entrepreneurship, and job creation in the state.

“Code Anambra is a continuous cohort-based program. It is a four-month programme that comprises intensive training, learning, and project phases. The programme also includes a two-month internship phase post-training for the top talents.”

The statement also noted that the scheme is open to both indigenes and residents of Anambra State who possess a certain level of proficiency in using computers while adding that participating individuals will have the opportunity to enhance their technical skills and embark on a promising career path within the thriving software development industry.

The Special Adviser to the Governor on Innovation and Business Incubation, Chinwe Okoli in the statement expressed her excitement about Code Anambra, stating, “We are delighted to launch this training program in line with Mr. Governor’s agenda to raise the Anambra Digital Tribe who possess advanced digital skills that are competitive at home and exportable abroad.

“Our programs at Solution Innovation District are designed to achieve Mr Governor’s vision of making Anambra the Digital and Creative Capital of Nigeria.

“We just concluded the training of 20,000 youths in the LevelUp Anambra program and announced the winners of Laptops and Internship Placements. We are committed to empowering Ndi Anambra to take centre stage in the global innovation ecosystem.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Nassarawa College of Health Science & Tech Keffi releases Diploma form, 2024/2025
Forum | 15 hours ago

Nassarawa College of Health Science & Tech Keffi releases Diploma form, 2024/2025

Anambra Workers Angry Over Soludo’s Absence at Rally
Forum | 3 days ago

Anambra Workers Angry Over Soludo’s Absence at Rally

I
Forum | 3 days ago

I'm In A League Of My Own, I Have No Competition In The Music Industry - Flavour

No More "Big 3", There
Forum | 6 days ago

No More "Big 3", There's Now A "Big 4" In Nigerian Music Industry - Rema Declares