NDLEA promotes 3,248 officers, honours 12 commands

Forum 9 months ago

NDLEA promotes 3,248 officers, honours 12 commands

The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency has promoted no fewer than 3,248 officers.

Also, 12 state commands and 148 other personnel were given awards and commendations for their outstanding performances in the first half of the year.

Speaking during the decoration of the officers in Abuja on Thursday, the Chairman/Chief Executive Officer of NDLEA, Brig. Gen. Buba Marwa (retd.), said the exercise was an indication that the agency had now entrenched the culture of excellence.

He said, “Without grandstanding, we can say that we have raised the bar. Our weekly drug supply reduction effort is a testament to our performance. The innovative approach we have taken to drug demand reduction is commendable.

“The intricate and effective intelligence we deploy to track drug barons and dismantle cartels is a testimony to the capability of the new NDLEA we have collectively forged. Our success rate at prosecution is a definitive statement that we are doing our job.”

The NDLEA chairman urged personnel of the service not to rest on their oars, saying, “We have adopted global best practices, and we have no doubt that the NDLEA of our dream is here before us. I am therefore charging you to take more pride in your work. Society today appreciates our efforts. Just last week, on World Drug Day, the President gave assurances of his administration’s unwavering support for the NDLEA.

“Our international partners and foreign governments are watching us and are giving us the needed push. And among drug law enforcement agencies, we are rated highly. Our name is out there for good. Therefore, the onus is on us not to slacken but to continue the good work.

“It is not yet time to rest on our oars. We have no option but to sustain the momentum of our upward trajectory, build on our performance, and continue to protect our hard-earned reputation. It is on this note that I demand more from us in terms of hard work, discipline, valour, professionalism, commitment, and all the time-honored virtues that enshroud labour with dignity.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Justin Bieber Promotes Tems New Song, ‘Love Me Jeje’, She Reacts
Forum | 2 days ago

Justin Bieber Promotes Tems New Song, ‘Love Me Jeje’, She Reacts

NDLEA Nabs 28-Year-Old Woman Who Manufactures Cakes Laced With Drugs
Forum | 3 days ago

NDLEA Nabs 28-Year-Old Woman Who Manufactures Cakes Laced With Drugs

Police Officers Arrested With Illicit Drugs Worth ₦20 Million
Forum | 6 days ago

Police Officers Arrested With Illicit Drugs Worth ₦20 Million

Police Confirms Killing Of Corps Member At Ogbomoso Nightclub, Detains Officers Involved
Forum | 6 days ago

Police Confirms Killing Of Corps Member At Ogbomoso Nightclub, Detains Officers Involved