Mauricio Pochettino relays Mason Mount message in first Chelsea press conference

Forum 9 months ago

Mauricio Pochettino relays Mason Mount message in first Chelsea press conference

New Chelsea manager Mauricio Pochettino has admitted he hopes to quickly move on from Mason Mount's departure to Manchester United.

Mount angered Chelsea fans as he sealed a £60m move to their fierce Premier League rivals, despite Pochettino's desire to keep the Englishman at Stamford Bridge.

Asked whether he had tried to convince Mount to stay, Pochettino did his best to move on from the saga.

"He's a Manchester United player now," he told his first press conference. "For sure, he loved the club. I don't know what happened in the past and I don't want to talk about that.

"I think we need to focus on what we expect from our players, the players that really commit to the club, to move on and to try to build a very nice story."

Pochettino went on to admit there were 'personal situations' from before his time at the club which he was not aware of but praised Chelsea's leadership team for their work already this summer.

"I think it is better if I clarify the situation," he began. "When we met for the first time and agreed to start working together on July 1, which was at the end of May, Laurence [Stewart], Paul [Winstanley] and the owners presented their plans for the squad.

"They showed me the transition plan and I agreed, and the club started to work. I didn't. [The club] is doing a fantastic job and I am happy.

"It continues to work in this way, with the plan they created. From now, from July 1, I am more involved. I want to work with them to try and make decisions with Paul and Laurence, to work closely to make decisions for the best of the football club.

"I trust them. I said 'you know better than me', but now they won't take all the decisions. It will be easy to make the best decisions together for Chelsea."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: They’ll be too good – Chris Sutton predicts Chelsea vs Aston Villa
Forum | 7 hours ago

EPL: They’ll be too good – Chris Sutton predicts Chelsea vs Aston Villa

Classic Okoli Weeps After Sharing Insensitive Message She Received For Escaping Boat Accident
Forum | 2 days ago

Classic Okoli Weeps After Sharing Insensitive Message She Received For Escaping Boat Accident

Singer, Portable Slams Wife, Bewaji, For Not Including Him In Her Birthday Message To Herself
Forum | 6 days ago

Singer, Portable Slams Wife, Bewaji, For Not Including Him In Her Birthday Message To Herself

Mountain Man: Joe Manganiello Cast in New Zombie Thriller Movie
Forum | 6 days ago

Mountain Man: Joe Manganiello Cast in New Zombie Thriller Movie