I’ll criticise Tinubu if he fails to deliver, says Fayose

Forum 9 months ago

I’ll criticise Tinubu if he fails to deliver, says Fayose

Former Governor of Ekiti State, Ayo Fayose, on Thursday, said he would not hesitate to criticise President Bola Tinubu if he reneges on his campaign promises.

“If Asiwaju turns back on his promise, all he said when he was campaigning, I will be the first to talk. I am not timid,” Fayose told State House Correspondents shortly after a closed-door meeting with the President at the Aso Rock Villa, Abuja.

However, he noted that Tinubu had done well since assuming office and should be encouraged.

Fayose argued that since the elections are over, Nigerians must rally around the president whom he said is alert and ready to tackle the problems of the country.

“The steps so far taken can readily give us the direction of this government. Elections have come and gone, without prejudice to the courts.

“But it’s no more time for campaigning or selling a political party, it is time to govern Nigeria for the benefit of children yet unborn and those of us that are still here and to equally let you know that I had a very wonderful time with the President.

“You will see him very alert and very clear in the direction he wants to take the country, but he can’t do it alone, he needs all of us,” said Fayose.

He affirmed that although he and some opposition party leaders such as Oyo State governor, Seyi Makinde and former Rivers State governor, Nyesom Wike, are working with Tinubu, he can never join the All Progressives Congress as he remains a member of the main opposition, the Peoples Democratic Party.

The former Governor said “I will never be a member of the APC. I am a PDP man. If anything takes me out of the PDP or if I don’t do partisan politics again, I will be the husband of my wife at home.

“It is not a matter of party, Nigeria is bigger than all political parties and all interest groups. You don’t have to take an appointment to make a difference.

“Nigeria is about 200 million population, we all can’t be on the appointment, whosoever makes it, either in the APC or in the attempt to have a government of national unity, it’s all about service.”

Responding to a question on his consistency, Fayose said he is supporting the president now.

He, however, said he would not hesitate to criticise him if he reneges on his promises to Nigerians.

“I want to say to you that Nigerians know me very well when President Buhari was to come. From day one, I made it very clear that the president will not do well. I did not hide it.

“Let me tell you, if Asiwaju turns back on his promise, all he said when he was campaigning, I will be the first to talk. I am not timid o and I don’t shy away from facing challenges.

“But the man I saw today and for the actions we have seen, means well for Nigeria,” said Fayose.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel
Forum | 19 hours ago

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel

Ben Stiller Says He Was ‘Affected’ by Zoolander 2 Responses: ‘I Thought Everybody Wanted This’
Forum | 2 days ago

Ben Stiller Says He Was ‘Affected’ by Zoolander 2 Responses: ‘I Thought Everybody Wanted This’

I’m Grateful - Ini Edo Says As She Celebrates 42nd Birthday
Forum | 2 days ago

I’m Grateful - Ini Edo Says As She Celebrates 42nd Birthday

Jerry Seinfeld Says Movie Business Is ‘Over’
Forum | 3 days ago

Jerry Seinfeld Says Movie Business Is ‘Over’