Inter Miami to sign Jordi Alba on a free transfer

Forum 9 months ago

Inter Miami to sign Jordi Alba on a free transfer

Sources close to 90min confirm Jordi Alba is to join Inter Miami on a free transfer, reuniting with former Barcelona team-mates Lionel Messi and Sergio Busquets.

The Major League Soccer side began pursuing the Spaniard weeks ago, after Alba confirmed his departure from Barcelona following the expiration of his contract. He leaves La Liga with 459 appearances to his name over the course of 11 years.

He’s the latest bombshell signing for Inter Miami, who have decided to revamp their roster during the league’s Secondary Transfer Window. The Herons first announced Lionel Messi on June 7, after the player revealed his commitment to feature for the Eastern Conference team in a televised interview.

"I made the decision that I am going to go to Miami," Messi said. "I still haven't closed it one hundred percent. I'm missing some things but we decided to continue the path."

Inter Miami then confirmed the arrival of Sergio Busquets a couple weeks later, before revealing Gerardo ‘Tata’ Martino as the newest head coach to lead the Barcelona duo. Now, Alba will join his former team-mates in the hunt for the MLS Cup.

The three played together in La Liga from 2012 to 2021, winning five league titles, six Copa del Rey trophies and one Champions League trophy.

The reinforcements will serve Miami well, as they sit in last place of the Eastern Conference table with a mere 17 points in 20 games and a 5W-13L-2D record. The team is almost mathematically disqualified from reaching the MLS playoffs, unable to climb to one of the top nine places on the table.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Messi breaks two records after Inter Miami’s latest victory
Forum | 1 day ago

Messi breaks two records after Inter Miami’s latest victory

EPL: They’re quality players – Gallas tells Chelsea to sign Man Utd duo
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: They’re quality players – Gallas tells Chelsea to sign Man Utd duo

Interview with the Vampire Season 2 Video Previews Lestat’s New Role in Louis’ Life
Forum | 4 days ago

Interview with the Vampire Season 2 Video Previews Lestat’s New Role in Louis’ Life

Transfer: Why Man United did not want to sell Ronaldo to Real Madrid
Forum | 4 days ago

Transfer: Why Man United did not want to sell Ronaldo to Real Madrid