Moises Caicedo speaks out on Chelsea transfer interest

Forum 9 months ago

Moises Caicedo speaks out on Chelsea transfer interest

Brighton midfielder Moises Caicedo has admitted he is enjoying being in the headlines this summer as Chelsea continue to push for his signature.

The Blues are preparing an opening bid for Caicedo but face a battle to convince Brighton to lower their asking price. A price tag of £100m has been placed on the Ecuador international's head, with Brighton pointing to Declan Rice's imminent £105m move to Arsenal for justification.

Chelsea are prepared to pay a huge sum for Caicedo but just how high they will go is unclear, and this is a saga which could easily rumble on all summer.

Asked about his time in the spotlight, Caicedo admitted he is enjoying it and doing his best to stay grounded.

"It's a very great emotion," he told Maria Jose Flores. "What guy wouldn't want them to be talking about him?

"I know how to handle it. I don't get carried away by emotions. I'm enjoying time with my family for now. There is pressure, but I am calm. I am waiting for whatever God decides. He will know what is best for me."

Caicedo also took the opportunity to talk about fellow Independiente del Valle product Kendry Paez, who will join Chelsea in the summer of 2025 when he turns 18.

"Kendry is a star," Caicedo admitted. "Watching him play is a pleasure.

"It's good to see those talents in Ecuador. We know that we have good youth. I am very happy for him, for everything he is doing, for how he is working. May he continue on the right path and go far. He has the talent."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Transfer: Wolves table €12m bid for Osayi-Samuel
Forum | 19 hours ago

Transfer: Wolves table €12m bid for Osayi-Samuel

EPL: They’ll be too good – Chris Sutton predicts Chelsea vs Aston Villa
Forum | 19 hours ago

EPL: They’ll be too good – Chris Sutton predicts Chelsea vs Aston Villa

Transfer: Iheanacho tipped to leave Leicester City this summer
Forum | 2 days ago

Transfer: Iheanacho tipped to leave Leicester City this summer