Makinde mourns popular cleric, Olowere

Forum 9 months ago

Makinde mourns popular cleric, Olowere

The Oyo State Governor, Seyi Makinde, has described the death of the founder of the Christ Apostolic Church, Oke-Agbara, Asi Bodija, Michael Olowere, popularly called Baba Automatic, as a huge loss to Christendom and the entire state.

According to reports, Baba Olowere, died on Wednesday at his residence.

He was widely known for his biweekly prayer meeting called Automatic on Monday and was one of the most respected elders in the CAC worldwide.

In a condolence message on Thursday by his Chief Press Secretary, Sulaimon Olanrewaju, the governor expressed his condolences to the leadership of the CAC worldwide, the Christian Association of Nigeria in the state, and the immediate family of the late Olowere.

The governor said, “I received the news of the death of Prophet Michael Ojo Olowere with shock. Baba lived his life serving God and humanity. He was a God’s General who sought the good of Oyo State and Nigeria and contributed his quota to making it happen.

“We have lost a worthy father of faith in Oyo State. I condole with the CAC worldwide, the Oyo State CAN, the members of CAC Oke-Agbara, Asi Bodija, and the entire people of the state. I pray that God will grant him eternal rest and give all of us the fortitude to bear this loss.”

As of press time, details of his demise were still sketchy, and there were unconfirmed reports of the Ibadan-based evangelist’s age

With his journey into ministry spanning over 60 years, he spearheaded the planting of several churches within the CAC mission, beginning with the CAC Oke-Imole, Agbowo, in 1978.

He is survived by many biological and spiritual children spread across the world.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Pete Edochie Mourns Junior Pope
Forum | 4 days ago

Pete Edochie Mourns Junior Pope

President Tinubu Mourns Victims Of Ogun Gas Explosion
Forum | 4 days ago

President Tinubu Mourns Victims Of Ogun Gas Explosion

Popular Comedian, AY Makun Shares Benefits Of Counting His Blessings
Forum | 6 days ago

Popular Comedian, AY Makun Shares Benefits Of Counting His Blessings