Global outrage as American women seen “Twerking for the Ancestors” at former slave dungeon

Forum 9 months ago

Global outrage as American women seen “Twerking for the Ancestors” at former slave dungeon

A group of four American women have ignited global outrage after they were seen “twerking for the Ancestors” on a former slave dungeon in Cape Coast, Ghana.

KhaParisDior, one of the four ladies on this trip, on June 19, shared clips, of all four friends visiting the Cape Coast Castle, a dungeon, enslavers held African slaves before being shipped to the United States of America. and other countries.

All four women were seen twerking on the monumental space in honor of ‘the ancestors.”

Celebrating Juneteenth, a federal holiday in the United States which celebrates the emancipation of enslaved African Americans, KhaParisDior, whose bio now also reads #Fortheancestors, shared multiple clips saying how shocked she is to discover “how they did our ancestors.”

”So today I got to experience The Slave Castle in Cape Coast! It’s wildddddd seeing how they did our ancestors! Treated them worst than animals!! It’s sad but of course, we had to twerk for our ancestors cause PERIOD!!!!!! Happy Juneteenth from the motherland ❤️ I think everybody should go at least once in a lifetime,” KhaParisDior, captioned her travel content.

Social media users have since ripped into these young women.

Don Salmon tweeted “Going to a castle, slave dungeon in Africa, And shaking your booty is disrespectful, black American sisters is disrespectful to the millions of our ancestors who were shipped into slavery, and it should be condemned.”

Sab Johnson wrote: Im so disheartened that these adult women (clearly learned nothing in school — or even went to school) feel this is a place to be jovial (oops big word).”

Olujimi wrote: This has to be one of the most sickening displays of disrespect that I’ve ever witnessed.”

EEdgar Jamison: “I wonder if they know the names of any African Gods.”

Joelblack: “Black Americans aren’t ready yet to embrace respectfully The African diaspora, The Orishas, The Yoruba religion, and our ancestors. but, Black Brazilians, Black Cubans, Trinbagonians, and The Oyotunji African Village in the Lowcountry of South Carolina are.”

Unknown Chief also commented: ”Ghana needs to ban these ladies we need to be more strict about respect, we treat Black women and people in general who are out of pocket with no consequences.”

Muhammed Speaks tweeted; Cape Coast is a solemn place. I don’t understand how they could have smiled let alone tweaked there.”

“Your parents failed you. Don’t ever return to Mother Africa until all of you correct yourselves. You are the reason African Americans will never receive reparations for our ancestors blood because you have no clue how to honor your people….,” Beverns wrote under the travel blogger’s post.

Live & Le Live; “That is the Attitude when one deliberately refused to understand the circumstances surrounding her Root.”

In an Instagram story, KhaParisDior acknowledged her trolls before adding that she’ll do it again. “We got people so mad. Funny thing is I’ll do it again too!”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Your Marriage Is Still One of the Best We’ve Seen So Far - Nigerian Man Praises Adekunle Gold and Simi
Forum | 3 days ago

Your Marriage Is Still One of the Best We’ve Seen So Far - Nigerian Man Praises Adekunle Gold and Simi

Godzilla x Kong’s Box Office Demolishes Godzilla vs. Kong’s Global Total
Forum | 4 days ago

Godzilla x Kong’s Box Office Demolishes Godzilla vs. Kong’s Global Total

Tems Opened Doors Of Global Recognition For African Female Artists – Tyla
Forum | 4 days ago

Tems Opened Doors Of Global Recognition For African Female Artists – Tyla

James Brown Vows Never to Stop Twerking Online
Forum | 1 week ago

James Brown Vows Never to Stop Twerking Online