Kanu’s prolonged incarceration will make him a hero — Security expert

Forum 9 months ago

Kanu’s prolonged incarceration will make him a hero — Security expert

A security expert, Col. Hassa Stan-Labo (rtd.), has called on the Federal Government to release the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu as further incarceration will make him more relevant.

Stan-Labo stated this on Wednesday while featuring on Arise Television’s Morning Show programme.

Stan-Labo advised the government to start a conversation with some agitating groups as it will go a long way in addressing security issues, pointing out that “One major priority area in the southeast, which I think will cool off a great deal of grouse, is for us to bring out Kanu; that gentleman, pull him out. Stop this incarceration.

“I know some of his pronouncements or maybe lines of his actions and so on were offensive to the Nigerian state, and there was a need to take certain actions.

“But you see, Nigeria itself is a family; that’s my picture of Nigeria. When part of the family feels offended, as parents, as a father you sit the gentleman down or the child down and try to find out what the problems are.

“Can we start talking with Kanu? Can we start talking with IPOB? Can we start talking with other groups? I think a conversation with some of the groups will go a long way to addressing these issues.

“We must not apply the stick always, bring in the carrots sometimes, and let see the carrots and sticks diplomacy at play.

“I think we can do that, and if we do that, the situation in the southeast will be greatly doused.

“Frankly speaking, further incarceration will only make him more and more relevant, only heightens the heroship over him. He is a hero now, whether we accept it or not. And we made him the hero. We have made him a hero in the southeast. If he comes out now, he can contest the governorship election in any of the states. Nobody will even ask him if he’s from the state,” he submitted.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
I Didn’t Make A Penny At My Last Show Because People Were Scared Of Spraying Money — Rapper Speed Darlington Cries Out
Forum | 1 week ago

I Didn’t Make A Penny At My Last Show Because People Were Scared Of Spraying Money — Rapper Speed Darlington Cries Out

Iyabo Ojo Begs Sanwo-Olu, Security Over Mohbad Mother’s Safety
Forum | 1 week ago

Iyabo Ojo Begs Sanwo-Olu, Security Over Mohbad Mother’s Safety

Martin Scorsese Hoping to Make Frank Sinatra Biopic With Leonardo DiCaprio, Jennifer Lawrence
Forum | 1 week ago

Martin Scorsese Hoping to Make Frank Sinatra Biopic With Leonardo DiCaprio, Jennifer Lawrence

FG Kicks as Nnamdi Kanu Lists Conditions for Resumption of Trial
Forum | 1 week ago

FG Kicks as Nnamdi Kanu Lists Conditions for Resumption of Trial