Cristiano Ronaldo 'joked' about Juventus team meals

Forum 9 months ago

Cristiano Ronaldo 'joked' about Juventus team meals

Cristiano Ronaldo would 'joke' about the food that his Juventus teammates would eat during his time at the club, according to former colleague Arthur Melo.

The Portugal forward made the move to Turin back in 2018 after winning a third-successive Champions League with Real Madrid, joining the Bianconeri to help them end their own European hoodoo.

But Ronaldo was unable to help them over the hump. During his three years at the Allianz Stadium, Juve reached the quarter-finals once and were twice eliminated to supposed lesser teams at the last-16 stage.

In 2020, Ronaldo was joined at Juventus by Barcelona and Brazil midfielder Arthur, who has opened up on how the veteran forward impressed him.

Speaking to Mundo Deportivo, Arthur said of Ronaldo: "As an athlete and as a person, he is spectacular. He tries to improve every day.

"I remember that when we met at Juventus, in the dining room, he always looked at the rest of our plates and joked about what we were eating. He is very professional. I had never seen someone with his mentality before."

Ronaldo departed Juventus for former club Manchester United in 2021, though lasted just over a season back at Old Trafford before his contract was terminated by mutual consent.

He is now plying his trade in Saudi Arabia with Al Nassr. They failed to win the 2022/23 Pro League despite sitting top of the table at the time of Ronaldo's arrival.

Arthur, meanwhile, is coming off the back of a horror loan spell at Liverpool, where injuries restricted him to just one appearance in all competitions last season.

"I will return to Turin, but the transfer window is very long and we don’t know what will happen. Something interesting may come up for me and Juventus. I have a contract and I respect it, but we’ll see," Arthur added regarding his future.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
House of the Dragon Season 2 Video: Cast Reveals Which Team Deserves the Throne
Forum | 6 days ago

House of the Dragon Season 2 Video: Cast Reveals Which Team Deserves the Throne

UCL: They can make it difficult- Klinsmann picks team to win Bayern vs Arsenal
Forum | 1 week ago

UCL: They can make it difficult- Klinsmann picks team to win Bayern vs Arsenal

Transfer: Juventus line up move for Wilfred Ndidi
Forum | 1 week ago

Transfer: Juventus line up move for Wilfred Ndidi